Be a Part of Making our Mission a Reality Every Day!
Mission: Children’s Friend is the innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. We accomplish this by providing flexible, effective, and culturally-relevant services, and advocating for programs and policies that support and strengthen these children and their families.
Children’s Friend’s employeesare dedicated and committed to the mission of the agency. Their combined skills, creativity, and knowledge have a great impact on the families we serve. Join an amazing team that has a long, rich history of serving Rhode Island families.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package.
For full-year employees, benefits include: comprehensive and low cost health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan with agency contribution, life insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation, 8 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, opportunities for advancement, a family friendly environment and more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online at: http://www.cfsri.org/jobs.html
Technical Support/Helpdesk Specialist
Reports To: Information Services Manager
1) Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for agency approved personal computer software.
2) Deliver, tag, sets up, and assist in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
3) Perform minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals.
4) Protect the security of the agency’s computer systems and the information they contain, both internally and externally.
5) Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the Spice works IT helpdesk and provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction.
6) Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process on a first-in first-out basis.
7) Some after hours and weekend work as needed to meet business needs.
8) Document internal procedures for important issues that may occur and post on shared drive for tech reference.
9) Assist with on-boarding and training of new user’s within the Agency.
10) Provide continued consultation, training, and support to users as needed.
11) Keep abreast of new developments in the technology field and recommend new technology (hardware/software) as needed.
12) Assist in the research and implementation of new software and hardware to meet agency needs and ensure compatibility with existing systems.
13) Interact effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds and life experiences are different from one’s own.
14) Pursue ongoing professional development through professional reading and attending relevant workshops and conferences (including Children’s Friend’s core training program if appropriate).
15) Maintain confidentiality, accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of support activity.
3-6 Years’ experience with database development and management, network
management, and workstation troubleshooting. General office skills, good
communication skills, and general knowledge of basic software applications.
Patience, tolerance and flexibility are very important traits for this position.
This position requires decision-making capabilities, superior customer service
skills, and the ability to work independently. Strong verbal and written
communication skills are required. HS diploma or GED required. Valid driver’s
license and reliable transportation to travel from site to site.
Children's Friend, a non-profit organization founded in 1834, is Rhode Island's oldest child welfare organization and a leading provider of child welfare, family support, mental health, and child development services. With centers in Providence, Pawtucket and Central Falls, Children’s Friend serves more than 30,000 of Rhode Island's most vulnerable children and their families each year.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Opportunity Employer