Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraiser / Grant Writer is responsible for coordinating annual fund campaigns and timely submission of grant applications, appeals, and reports. Experience with social media and graphic design highly preferred. The work of the Fundraiser / Grant Writer significantly impacts the organization’s ability to meet its fundraising goals.
The Fundraiser / Grant Writer
1) Drafts, writes, edits, and proofreads much of the organization’s written materials, including stewardship documents, annual appeals, individual and foundation proposals, donor reports, acknowledgments and other correspondence, annual reports, and newsletters.
2) Works with the Executive Director to cultivate, foster, and maintain positive donor relations.
3) Supervises and mentors volunteers.
4) Assists the Executive Director in determining best way to relay strategic messaging to various segmented constituencies about funding priorities.
5) Collaborates with Executive Director and others and provides input on design of marketing and communications materials.
6) May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of three years nonprofit development experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Highly skilled in working with a nonprofit fundraising database, including entering/updating data, and the ability to pull reports and queries. Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge greatly preferred.
Superior demonstrated written and oral communication skills, and the ability to develop compelling content suitable for print, web, and non-web distribution.
Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
Experienced with social media, and the proven ability to adapt to changing technologies.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively deal with all levels within the organization, including the Executive Director, members of the Board, the Country Director, as well as donors, prospects, other members of the office staff, and volunteers.
Proven ability to multi-task and work independently. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Proven project management experience.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network