Full Time, Community Activity Instructor-PA Career Discovery Center-Glen Rock, PA
This Full Time position working in our PA Community Activity Program, is for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. Penn-Mar North is an employment training facility where opportunities are provided for individuals to receive training and develop skills that will increase their career options and success in community employment. We will do this by focusing on training and career exploration.
The successful candidate supports our individuals in a variety of ways to achieve thier goals. This position may require support with personal care, medication administration and behavioral support. This position requires the employee to work independently, and interact with our individuals, their families and external support network.
Applicant must be able to lift 50 lbs, ability to help transfer consumers from wheelchairs to standing positions as needed, help with toileting and personal care needs, help with behavioral supports and medication administration as needed.
The PA Discovery Program is an in-door environment, serving from 100-150 people. Instructors may work with a dedicated individual in a 1-on-1 situation or in groups of up to 15 members. The environment can be noisy at times, and Staff will need to stand, walk and sit on a regular basis.
The schedule for this position is 1st shift typically Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, OT as needed. The work location for this position is Glen Rock, PA.
Orientation/Training classes now available both day and evening times!
This job is inclusive of, but not exlcuded to the following duties:
- Personal Care as needed (to include assistance with toileting, feeding, transfers, etc.)
- Behavioral Support (to include dealing with potential physical and verbal outbursts/ aggressiveness)
- Medication Administration (must be able to pass MD Medication Technician training)
- Applicant must able to lift 50 lbs. as needed
- Applicant must be able to stand, walk, sit, traverse, kneel, bend from the waist, etc., as needed
- Applicant must be able to communicate verbally, visually and audibally
- Basic Computer Skills
- Minimum High School Diploma/ G.E.D.
- Acceptable criminal background.
- Valid Driver's License with 2 years experience, and less than 3 moving violations (NO Major Violations, D.U.I.'s or Suspensions) in the previous 36 months.
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug Screen/ Physical/ Mantoux Test (PPD, TB).
Penn-Mar Human Services is an E.O.E.
Penn-Mar only accepts online applications for employment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.