ANDRUS nurtures social and emotional well-being in children and their families by delivering a broad range of vital services and by providing research, training and innovative program models that promote standards of excellence for professional performance in and beyond our service community.
Care Management is a new department that is part of an expansion of ANDRUS. Care Management is a service model whereby all of an individual's caregivers communicate and interface so that the patient's needs are addressed in a comprehensive manner. This is done primarily through a care coordinator who oversees and coordinates access to a variety of services an individual needs to help ensure that they receive the proper services to help prevent hospitalizations, stay healthy, and maintain stability.
The Bilingual Care Coordinator is ultimately responsible for the overall provision and coordination of services to assigned caseload. The Care Coordinator guides program enrollees and their caretakers (legal guardians) through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes.
The work schedule is 9am -5pm Monday through Friday. The bilingual Care Coordinator must be able to drive to external locations and work flexible hours as required to meet program needs with some evenings and/or weekends as identified. Fluency/Bilingual in Spanish/English is required.
The qualified candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and/or related field.
• Must be bilingual/Fluent (Spanish/English).
• Relevant expertise and experience in serving children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, mental health, healthcare and/or other systems as well as those receiving preventive services.
• Care Coordinators serving high acuity enrollees will be required to have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of such children and their families as evidenced by additional years of experience, education, or training.
• Care Coordinators assigned to children who have medical fragility must have extensive experience in coordinating their care.
• Experience providing service coordination and information, linkages, and referrals for community-based services.
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• A passion for serving children and families with special needs.
• Ability to travel to community-based agency offices, participant’s communities, and homes within assigned catchment area
• Ability to receive feedback to professionally grow and/or improve.
• Proven self-management abilities, including meeting deadlines, ensuring compliance with agency policy and procedures, and overseeing complete and timely maintenance of agency records, in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Ability to adhere to our organization’s core values.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License
• Physical Requirements:
o Climb Stairs
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to HR-JP Department at 1156 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701 or email email@example.com or fax 914-965-3883.
ANDRUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network