When We All Vote is seeking a National Regional Organizer that will support When We All Vote’s My School Votes (MSV) program to engage and support school districts, schools, local partners, educators, and students to establish and execute voter registration programming centered around the MSV model.
This position is a contract position, expected to begin in May 2020 through June 2020 with possibility through November 2020. We are seeking to fill 3 positions to coordinate efforts in Arizona and Nevada, North Carolina, and Georgia.
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW When We All Vote is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is changing the culture around voting using a data-driven and multifaceted approach to increase participation in elections.
Working with the My School Votes Program Manager to support educators and youth in focus communities which will include:
● Supporting weekly calls with district leaders, school teams, and local partners to check in on progress and provide support.
● Identifying and connecting with local influencers, leaders, local community organizations, and other partners that will expand MSV’s connection to educators and students.
● Organizing and training educator and student leaders online to build MSV teams, participate in Educator and Student online Action Series, and be empowered to increase the level of engagement.
● Ensure adequate collection of data and feedback to track mobilizing, team building, and voter registration efforts
● Provide training and 1:1 support to schools, educators, and students as needed
The Regional Organizer should have experience in some, if not all of the following areas:
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience in organizing or volunteer management, including utilizing online and digital tools for mobilization.
● Successful track record of volunteer engagement and holding volunteers to agreed-upon goals.
● Experience working on voter registration and civic engagement.
● Experience working with high-level leaders or officials to mobilize to take specific actions.
● Experience working with a large network from remote locations.
● Familiarity and prior experience with educators and youth is a plus.
Applicants should also have:
● Passionate commitment to When We All Vote’s mission.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Exceptional relationship-building skills that increase engagement and empowerment.
● Strong volunteer management skills including online and digital organizing.
● Working knowledge of voting, voter registration, and elections.
● Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
● Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
● Comfortable juggling multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
● Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork, and people skills.
● Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MSV National Regional Organizer.” The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for When We All Vote, as well as which states you would like to coordinate efforts in. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
When We All Vote is an equal opportunity employer and it is When We All Votes’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network