When We All Vote is seeking a Digital Content Director for the My School Votes Program that will support its work to engage and support school districts, schools, local partners, educators, and students to establish and execute voter registration programming centered around the MSV model.
This position is expected to begin in May 2020 and lasts until November 30, 2020.
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW Co-chaired by Michelle Obama and launched in 2018, When We All Vote is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan, nonprofit on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is changing the culture around voting using a data-driven and multifaceted approach to increase participation in elections.
When We All Vote’s My School Votes program is looking for a Digital Content Director to advise on the program’s digital strategy and storytelling as well as manage and execute on the program’s overall content planning including email, social media, SMS, and digital organizing efforts. This includes managing the program's content strategy and calendar, helping draft emails, writing weekly social and email copy, as well as collaborating with the team on an effective digital organizing strategy. This role will be integrated into the My School Votes team but will work hand-in-hand with the WWAV digital team on overall strategy and to make sure content strategically fits into the broader campaign’s calendar. The candidate must have previous experience running email and social media campaigns. This role reports directly to the Senior Advisor for My School Votes.
• At least 5+ years of experience managing and writing draft copy for large external email lists and social media content.
• Comfortable working in EveryAction or a related email management system, including building web forms, and loading/cleaning lists.
• Must have some SMS experience.
• Experience using digital P2P and/or relational digital organizing tools like OutVote is a big plus.
• Comfortable working in new voices, tone, and stories into the digital content. Recommended that you have some type of experience creating a digital storytelling series for a campaign to ensure real people’s voices are heard across digital channels.
• Experience providing strategic advice and overseeing a small digital program.
• Excellent writer, and love experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in content.
• Ability to work with diverse communities and individuals with varying perspectives.
• At least some management experience required.
• Experience working in education is a plus.
Applicants should also have:
• A strong commitment to When We All Vote’s mission.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own projects.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
• Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
• Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork, and people skills.
• Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “MSV Digital Content Director.” The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for When We All Vote. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
When We All Vote is an equal opportunity employer and it is When We All Votes’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network