The Phillips Collection, America’s First Museum of Modern Art, is one of the premier collections of Impressionist, modern, and contemporary art. Created by the visionary collector Duncan Phillips when he opened his home to the public in 1921, the museum’s intimate environment encourages people to make personal connections with art. Its permanent collection contains more than 5,000 works. The museum organizes numerous traveling exhibitions that expand scholarship and, combined with an active lending program, makes its works available to audiences throughout the world. The museum also produces some of the industry’s most effective and in-depth education programs for teachers and students. Its long-standing music program attracts top classical performers. The Phillips Collection is a privately-supported, not-for-profit organization that raises over 75% of its annual budget through contributions and earned revenue.
Manages and coordinates the museum’s PK-12 teacher initiatives, including Prism.K12. Strategically innovates and implements digital programs and resources for PK-12 audiences. Innovates teacher participation and engagement with museum.
● Three to five years full-time experience in education, and/or museums
● Must possess a broad knowledge of arts integration, modern art, PK-12 learning theory, and museum practices
● Understanding of new technologies for PK-12 education and museums
● Ability to manage digital projects with external contractors and technical developers
● Strong knowledge of developing and maintaining websites, social media, and emerging technologies
● Teaching experience with understanding of K-12 learning
● Demonstrated capacity for strategic and innovative thinking
● Prior experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Ability to work effectively on teams as collaborator or leader
● Excellent organization skills, follow-through, and attention to detail
● Demonstrated experience with diverse populations
● Capable of handling multiple deadlines and projects
Salary in the mid $40s, commensurate with experience.
Please include cover letter and writing sample along with resume and apply at https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/employment
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.