Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a global non-profit organization with offices in Washington, DC, that is looking to partner with a small agency or solo consultant on the selection and implementation of an e-mail marketing platform that will create automated e-mails. They are ready to kick-off this project as soon as they identify the right vendor.
Global development donors and implementers use our client’s existing online technology platform to learn more about social innovations in their sector or geography of interest, while at the same time social entrepreneurs in low- and middle-income countries leverage the platform to secure funding for their innovations. Our client wants to do more to be top-of-mind with both groups, to remind them of the benefits their technology provides and to inform them of upcoming initiatives. E-mail marketing will be one channel they will use to achieve this goal.
SCOPE OF WORK:
* Recommend a new email platform that fits the organization’s specific, and already well-defined needs.
* Set up the new email platform, including uploading existing emails from Mailchimp and leading the set-up to automatically add new email registrations.
* Ensure that emails are properly tagged and segmented as well as automatically updated based on user activity on the site.
* Execute automatic emails (triggered based on user info/activity or new content on site). This will require existing knowledge about email automation and basic HTML. Expect that some support from the tech vendor will be provided.
* The top 3 priority automatic emails to set up include: (1) An email is sent to social entrepreneurs when a new funding opportunity is posted that matches the entrepreneurs' profile/innovation --- (2) An email is sent to social entrepreneurs when a funding opportunity that matches their profile/innovation is about to expire --- (3) An email is sent to social entrepreneurs when there is a new funding digest.
* Other automatic emails that could be added, include: (1) you haven't updated your innovation in x days --- (2) a new innovation similar to yours has been added --- (3) a funding opportunity you saved is about to expire.
* Conceptualize and set up additional automatic emails that align with platform goals and new features.
* Deep and broad technical knowledge of how to set up automatic emails. This includes knowledge of basic HTML, ability to write conditional statements and knowledge of how to support an internal tech team through a new email platform implementation.
* Expertise in email marketing, especially automation.
* Excellent and editing writing skills.
* Basic visual development (through tools like Canva or Sketch) will be helpful.
* Knowledge of global development and social entrepreneurship will be helpful. Alternatively, it will be helpful if you have an ability to produce meaningful content for emails in subject areas that are not familiar to you. The client will provide contextual resources such as ideas for content.
Brainstorm Creative Resources typically provides rate range guidance. However, our firm’s recruiting activities most often focus on hands-on content creation roles in creative and editorial services hierarchies. We are not familiar with the competitive market rate ranges for the variety of tasks outlined in this job description. We are interested in hearing from solo consultants and thought leaders at small agencies who can clearly demonstrate their relevant expertise and make a strong case for the value they offer, regardless of specific rate requirements.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are an individual reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below to create a profile in our application database and apply for this opportunity. If you represent an agency, you are welcome to create an application profile or you can send us a note using this form: https://brainstormresources.com/contact-an-agent/. Please make sure to include complete contact details and to reference requisition #1421.
If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com and then proceed as outlined above and/or below. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and rate request with documentation that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within and who are legally authorized to work in the United States should apply. Other applicants should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.