The Office of the President seeks a Strategy and Improvement intern
This position will collaborate with internal divisions to do the following: Support strategic planning and reporting; Help drive a culture of Continuous Improvement via Lean Six Sigma, project management and change management approaches; and Improve knowledge management systems in the Office of the President. S/he will partner with staff across the agency to make more visible the work and how it is helping change our culture to one of creativity, accountability and continuous improvement.
As an intern or skilled volunteer, you will have the opportunity to network with other Save the Children interns, volunteers and employees and participate in learning sessions about various topics spanning the breadth of Save the Children's work. Through this experience, you will gain a greater understanding about how the international development community intersects with the private sector. You will also gain transferable skills that are applicable to a variety of roles, particularly in the non-profit industry, marketing, sales, and client services.
- Supporting on the execution of strategic plan, including support on integrating direction from the early June members meeting into the plan and supporting on early work to operationalize the plan
- Managing strategy documents on SaveNet (SharePoint based intranet) planning and reporting resources site, including data presentation, document libraries - optimizing user-friendliness
- Managing a trainings for our ADI and CI communities of practice to strengthen engagement and sharing best practices in the knowledge groups
- Supporting the updating of all SCUS CI resources (training materials, SaveNet, etc.) in line with the global repackaging to include Change Management and Project Management
- Managing the CI training calendar in Cornerstone and on SaveNet; reconciling participation records. Supporting logistics (room reservations, employee record updates, survey analysis, etc.) associated with all CI trainings
- Supporting the capturing and sharing of best practices, success stories and lessons learned
- Support maintaining the CI project library
- Supporting CI and Strategy teams, as needed
What’s In It for You