As a Corporate Giving Assistant, you are a fundraiser with a unique opportunity to be creative and share your enthusiasm for discovering vegan/cruelty-free companies and the products they sell. You will develop, maintain and propose strategies for over 100 of PETA’s business partners, cultivate prospects and leverage your relationships with companies to support PETA’s work.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
In consultation with PETA and in verified compliance with the objectives, standards, and requirements communicated by it:
• Maintaining and cultivating fundraising relationships with PETA’s business partners and prospects.
• Develop and propose customized strategies and leveraging your relationships with companies to support PETA’s work via in-kind product donations and major gifts.
• Support aspects of donor engagement in the social-media environment. Grow and enhance cultivation platforms including the PETA Mall website, its Facebook and Twitter pages, PETA’s coupon page, email campaigns and others.
• Discover new company prospects and actively promote the PETA Business Friends and other corporate giving programs.
• Draft responses to inquiries about a wide range of fundraising and animal rights topics and respond to inbound e-mails from PETA supporters, fundraisers, and third-party fundraising organizations.
• Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with staff at all levels of PETA and the PETA Foundation, and with PETA’s business partners.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum of two years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising, corporate giving or philanthropic business partnerships.
• Proven ability to maintain professional working relationships with members, supporters and business partners.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines in a professional manner
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Professional appearance, adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle and familiar with vegan/cruelty-free shopping.
• Ability to represent PETA's philosophy and professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional experience with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Proficiency with a variety of Microsoft Office programs and WordPress.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
Please apply online: