To provide legal advice on a wide range of animal protection issues that arise during the conduct of the organization's and its affiliates' charitable programs, with a focus on animals used in experimentation and access to public records.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Conduct legal research and provide advice on a variety of statutes, regulations, and case law related to animals used in experimentation
• Draft correspondence, letters of complaint, and other documents related to animals used in experimentation
• Participate in the development of creative opportunities for litigation related to animals used in experimentation
• Assist in the management of litigation related to animals used in experimentation
• Conduct legal research and advise on federal and state public records acts
• Draft and submit administrative appeals of public records act decisions by federal and state agencies
• Develop and manage internal database to track public records requests and administrative appeals
• Develop and manage internal database of developments related to federal and state public records acts
• Assist in the development and management of litigation of public records matters
• Communicate with government agencies, law enforcement officials, and nonprofit organizations in furtherance of the listed responsibilities and duties
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• J.D. and a minimum of five years of legal experience
• Experience with administrative law, criminal law, and public records acts preferred
• Member in good standing of a state bar association
• Proven excellent legal research, writing, and verbal advocacy skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks within strict time constraints
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to communicate PETA's positions on issues with professionalism
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Please apply online:
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network