Team Leaders are responsible for supervising and coaching CSF-DC Ward 7 and 8 Scholars Program Candidates for 6 weeks of non-residential programming from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate daily morning meetings and activities using guidelines and policies provided by CSF-DC.
- Adapt morning meetings to suit diverse student needs while assessing and supporting students' strengths and positive behaviors
- Provide visible leadership and hands-on programmatic support for the Summer Academic Enrichment Program.
- Implement CSF-DC's high standards of citizenship and academic performance in the classroom, maintain high expectations for students, praise their hard work and utilize incentives and consequences when necessary.
- Help build a positive community among CSF-DC's participants.
- Collaborate with university staff and external partners to ensure the CSF's on-going positive relationships with its summer program partners.
- Communicate information to students clearly, respectfully, and with an emphasis on motivating and inspiring all program participants.
- Accompany students and staff members on weekly field trips.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic adolescent development principles and positive youth development.
- Work collaboratively with Program Managers, CSF-DC staff, instructors, other facilitators and fellow Team Leaders.
- React professionally, thoughtfully, and responsibly in unexpected situations.
- Assist students with assigned coursework in all classes (literacy, numeracy, SAT prep, cultural arts, Luma Lab Coding Initiative and Microsoft Imagine Academy).
- Adapt, facilitate, and evaluate age- appropriate activities for the group.
- Demonstrate the attributes and qualities of a positive role model.
- Relate well and respect cultural and human diversity.
- Be flexible, solve problems effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Inspire and motivate program students and help them realize their potential.
- Position requires an abundant amount of time, energy and motivation.
- Position requires travel 20% of the time.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Undergraduate student (preference given to applicants with a minimum of junior standing) recent graduate of graduate student.
- Five years related experience. Preference given to students pursuing degrees in education, counseling, social work, sociology, or psychology.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is moderately noisy. There is exposure to dust and changes in weather conditions. Employees must be able to handle stress and be flexible and able to interact with students employees at all levels.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position may change based upon needs of the program and/or organizational needs and available funding. In compliance with federal and state regulations, College Success Foundation maintains a drug free environment and all successful applicants must pass a drug screen prior to hire. Employees of College Success Foundation and its subsidiaries must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural and diverse work environment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.