Are you an experienced and strategic relationship builder that has a passion for securing the future for our Jewish community?
Do you thrive in a creative, fast-paced team environment where you can express your leadership potential?
Do you care about and understand the needs and interests of the Jewish community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may be a perfect match!
The Director of Planned Giving is an experienced relationship builder responsible for a fundraising portfolio of key planned giving donors and prospects and is a seasoned professional committed to excellent donor service. Responsible for creating and implementing the overall planned giving strategy, the Director is a high-profile leader on the team working with key donors and the organization’s most senior lay leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 8-10 years of experience with some combination of annual fundraising, planned giving and solicitation of other major gifts
• Bachelor’s degree required with MBA or Master’s level degree in a related field preferred
• Prior nonprofit or private sector experience in a community foundation, sales/marketing of financial instruments and/or planned charitable gifts, providing financial and/or legal advice to high net worth individuals and/or major donor solicitation will be considered
• First-hand knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs and practices
• Knowledge of fundraising systems and experience in prospect identification
• Demonstrated knowledge of, or potential to learn, about the various methods and tools to make planned gifts and can articulate the advantages or disadvantages of each
• Experience in strategic and operational planning
• Experience as an executive responsible for revenue development, outreach and promotion
• Significant experience in management of membership or volunteer operations and working volunteer committees
• Strong donor-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support
• Strong supervisory skills to sustain performance of subordinates, nourish growth, and maintain a mutually supportive working environment
• Excellent verbal communication skills, in order to respond effectively and diplomatically with donors, volunteers, community leaders and the general public
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with peers in the organization and staff who do not report to the Director, and whose support is needed to implement goals and objectives of the position