ABOUT HUMANITY UNITED:
Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of The Omidyar Group, which represents the philanthropic, personal and professional interests of the Omidyar family.
Humanity United’s internally managed impact investment vehicle (the “Fund”) seeks to make program-related investments in emerging technologies and services that make supply chains more ethical and transparent. The Fund intends to reduce the space for the most severe forms of labor exploitation to occur by accelerating the development and deployment of supply chain solutions that enable corporations to achieve greater transparency and accountability in their operations.
Humanity United (HU) is seeking a self-motivated, creative, and organized Investments Manager who will serve as an integral member of the team dedicated to HU’s Supply Chains and Forced Labor program portfolio. The Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the Corporate Engagement strategic initiative which addresses labor exploitation in corporate supply chains.
Note: This is a full-time, term-limited position funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) through June 2019.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement strategy to nurture earliest stage companies and ideas, facilitating their growth and strategic alignment using philanthropic funding to prepare companies for venture investment by the Fund
- Jointly with Fund staff actively identify candidates for technical assistance according to the potential of the intervention to scale, the quality of firm/organizational management, and fit with Fund priorities
- Identify and structure appropriate technical assistance (business plan development, executive coaching, talent acquisition, technology upgrading, etc.) to potential portfolio companies and select appropriate consultants to deliver services
- Monitor investment portfolio to ensure companies or ideas have adequate support, maximize their investment potential, and capture key learnings to apply across the portfolio
- Conceptualize and oversee the creation of research publications and the execution of industry events to bring together potential customers of and providers of supply chain tools and services
- Draft accurate and timely narrative reports, and coordinate financial reports, for program donor (DFID) on a quarterly basis incorporating updates on progress, risks, findings, learning, and achievements
- Coordinate with finance, grants management, and legal teams to assist with both inbound (donor) and outbound (grantee/consultant) work streams
- Support preparation of grant, contract, and project proposals, drafting clear and precise scopes of work and managing internal approval processes
- Manage and conduct ongoing due diligence of grantees and contractors
- Advance internal and external learning by providing information to developmental evaluators in support of - Fund-focused program evaluation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least five years of professional experience in management consulting, early stage startups/social enterprises, social good business models/revenue models, technology product development/management, corporate social responsibility and/or corporate supply chain management
- Experience working on issues related to human rights, labor rights, international development, and policy advocacy a plus
- MBA or MA in international affairs or public policy, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with proven ability to track detail on multiple projects and manage programmatic spending and performance against budget, timeline, and log-frame forecasts
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence others, and offer strategic perspective
- Strong analytical skills, including comfort with quantitative analysis and decision-making
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience with investing, grant making, or contract management preferred
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high levels of initiative
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.
Please apply via the link below: