The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions
through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity
and local community power around water issues, create a regional movement for water justice in
the California, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our
organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a
concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social
justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to
contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to
developing their skills.
The Program Associate is primarily responsible for providing clerical and program support from
the Visalia office. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will also work closely
with other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors.
The Program Associate opportunity can be part-time or full-time position, regular, non-exempt,
hourly, employee position based out of the Visalia office. The hourly rate for this position is
Major Responsibilities are to assist with the following duties in order to support the internal
systems and organizational development efforts.
● Clerical: sorting, scanning, copying, exporting, tracking and documenting activities
● Telephone support
● Accounts payable/receivable
● Travel logistics
● Equipment maintenance including vehicle
● Facilities support
● Technical troubleshooting of equipment and software
● Procure office supplies
● Office and community meeting set-up and takedowns
● Some phone outreach
● Coordinating community members activities
● Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff,
community members, and affiliate organizations.
● Actively participate in program strategy and staff meetings.
● Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online
appeals, and other events
● Other duties assigned
● Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
● Proficient in MS computer
● Excellent communication skills, typing, good organizational skills and willingness to
learn new programs (Expensify, Ebillity, Carbonite, google drive, bill.com).
● Familiar with Quickbooks program
● Be familiar with administrative business duties
Salary: $ 15/hr
To apply please submit a letter of interest and resume to
Write “PA position -- [Your name]” in the email subject line
Community Water Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified job
applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy), mental disability,
medical condition, marital status, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, military
service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at