Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a full-time Manager, Audience Development and Marketing to create and execute an audience development and advertising sales program for the Foundation’s diverse programs and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Exercise creativity and judgement in devising, planning and managing external marketing and promotional outreach activities to support Wolf Trap’s performances, increase audiences, and stimulate ticket sales. Use a variety of marketing and promotional techniques to develop and execute promotional plans that are in line with the organization’s marketing strategy. Identify audiences and businesses, including corporate partners, to develop and execute promotional offers and activities to support marketing goals.
- Represent the Foundation and/or make presentations at area Chamber, Association, and residential meetings to raise awareness of Wolf Trap programs and marketing opportunities
- Identify, coordinate, and manage Wolf Trap’s involvement in area Business Improvement District, corporate, and community events
- Develop and manage on-site marketing activation and pre-performance events to enhance customer experiences
- Maintain a database of local groups and area organizations and businesses; use discretion in determining which to target for audience building, grassroots outreach, and sales
- Partner with local cultural organizations and embassies to promote Wolf Trap’s diverse offerings
Responsible for securing advertisers for select materials including Wolf Trap’s program magazines (Center Lines and Timbre) and website (wolftrap.org).
- Develop and execute an advertising sales strategy to ensure that advertising revenues are maximized
- Maintain current and potential client database
- Collect, proof and approve advertiser artwork for season program books
- Manage the budget, billing, and collection of advertising revenue
- Screen summer intern candidates, schedule interviews, evaluate candidates, and make hiring decisions.
- Train, manage and develop interns.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional marketing experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communications, as well as, being comfortable speaking before and presenting to large groups of people
- Detail oriented with successful project management experience including multi-tasking and ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Proficient in building and monitoring revenue goals and budgets
- Ability to track and evaluate effectiveness of audience development efforts
- Special events and/or promotions experience highly beneficial
- Independent, responsible, creative, and self-motivated, with the ability to participate effectively in a team environment and work well with others
- Familiarity with market research methods is essential, as well as database and spreadsheet applications; stays abreast of current industry and market trends
- Excellent research and computer skills utilizing the internet, Microsoft Office Suite, and more
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Sensitivity to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts