| Job Description
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is the official partner to the National Park Service in providing concert and performance programming within Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. As a non-profit organization, the Foundation is dedicated to creating excellent performing arts experiences for the enrichment, education, and enjoyment of diverse audiences. In addition to the work at the park, the Foundation programs and produces music year-round at The Barns at Wolf Trap, manages Wolf Trap Education’s varied programs for life-long learning and operates Wolf Trap Opera’s internationally renowned training and performance program.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a full-time Human Resources Generalist to provide support to the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. The incumbent works closely with the Director and takes the initiative to advance Human Resources processes, programs, and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources Administration and Compliance
- Assist with researching, reviewing, developing, and administering HR policies and programs.
- Process new, changing, and terminating employees including notifying internal stakeholders of changes in a timely manner and tracking changes in HR spreadsheets.
- Create and maintain personnel folders, I-9 files, and the HR filing system in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assist with HR audits and compliance updates, including ensuring federal and state compliance posters are distributed and posted at all locations.
- Prepare performance management documents and folders; save completed documents electronically.
- Complete verbal employment verifications.
- Coordinate annual programs such as Code of Ethics update and Service Anniversary pin order.
- Draft emails and correspondence.
- Assist with training and professional development program including implementation, delivery and evaluation.
- Coordinate select staff events including All Staff Meetings, Welcome Back Breakfast, Spring Cleaning, End of Season Lunch, farewell events, and quarterly CEO/New Employee luncheons and Filene Center Tours.
- Draft and post vacancy notices to Foundation website, local non-profits and select additional sites.
- Process employment applications and maintain the HR Inbox in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and maintain applicant tracking system; ensure system updates are completed; conduct user training; update database in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with interview logistics and applicant communications.
- Manage the logistics of the annual Seasonal Job Fairs.
- Draft offer letters and related recruitment correspondence; create new hire packets for full-time, part-time and variable employees.
- Support Manager, Payroll in preparing new hire packets for seasonal employees, including printing offer letters and labels. Assist with ABRA terminations at end of season.
- Assist with on- and off-boarding including benefits communications for new and departing employees.
- Process enrollments, changes and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs.
- Assist Director, Human Resources with Open Enrollment and plan updates, communications, annual mailings, and compliance.
- Coordinate Annual Flu Shot Clinic.
- Submit and track worker’s compensation claims; prepare the annual worker’s compensation communication and paperwork to seasonal managers.
- Process leave cases including short-term disability, family & medical leave, and other types of employee leave (complete applicable forms in an accurate and timely manner, communicate updates with employee, and assist Director and Finance with payroll actions).
- Assist with OSHA, ADAAA, and other related cases.
- Assist Director, Human Resources with annual budget planning, projections, and reforecasts.
- Complete and process expense reports, invoices, and check requests; maintain budget spreadsheet.
Other Essential Responsibilities
- Update and maintain organizational chart and intranet pages for HR and Benefits.
- Order and maintain HR office supplies; process expressions of sympathy to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in benefits administration, recruiting, policy implementation, legal compliance, and organizational/employee development.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or other HR certifications strongly preferred
- Non-profit HR experience preferred
- Knowledge of various employment laws and practices and administration of benefits and other HR programs, and the ability to stay up to date on changing laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple deadlines with careful attention to detail
- Willingness to take ownership of and prioritize a wide-range of responsibilities, with changing priorities
- Proactive, motivated and able to work well independently
- Must be professional; able to handle situations with discretion, good judgment, and an appropriate sense of urgency; interact with diverse contacts in a business-like and customer service focused manner; and maintain information confidentially
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point); experience with ABRA and Newton ATS preferred
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
To be considered, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements:
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Human Resources Department
1645 Trap Road, Vienna, VA 22182
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.