| Job Description
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is the official partner to the National Park Service in providing concert and performance programming within Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. As a non-profit organization, the Foundation is dedicated to creating excellent performing arts experiences for the enrichment, education, and enjoyment of diverse audiences. In addition to the work at the park, the Foundation programs and produces music year-round at The Barns at Wolf Trap, manages Wolf Trap Education’s varied programs for life-long learning and operates Wolf Trap Opera’s internationally renowned training and performance program.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a full-time Manager, Corporate Relations to manage Wolf Trap’s annual corporate membership program. Secure contributed support for annual operations budget and special projects/initiatives through cash and in-kind contributions to achieve established fundraising goals. Manage more than 50 corporate partnerships and grow the corporate membership program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement annual acquisition and renewal campaigns, including direct mail efforts, print and electronic marketing strategies, proposals and presentations to secure corporate support for Wolf Trap’s artistic and education programs.
- Solicit corporations and businesses for membership support and season box subscriptions, and additional support from corporate members for special events including the Wolf Trap Ball, Wine at Wolf Trap, Bourbon, Bowties, and Blues and other fund raising events. Work closely with staff and volunteer committees responsible for successfully executing these events.
- Initiate meetings with prospective and renewing corporate supporters, involving Wolf Trap's Board members, senior staff, and program staff appropriately in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donor/prospect relationships.
- Keep abreast of Wolf Trap’s current and developing programs for use in fundraising appeals and stewardship.
Customer Service and Stewardship:
- Manage Wolf Trap Season Box program for corporate partners and select individual donors.
- Administer the fulfillment and tracking of membership deliverables such as ticketing/season box subscriptions, advertising, facility rentals, acknowledgements, employee benefits and more to ensure proper delivery of membership benefits to corporate partners.
- Work cross-departmentally to help fulfill corporate partnership needs (special events, advertising, ticketing, etc.).
- Represent Wolf Trap at VIP donor lounge during the summer performance season and at events/activities throughout the year, as warranted, to cultivate and build relationships with corporate representatives and decision makers, Board members and prospects.
- Manage select corporate partner cultivation and stewardship events, including planning, logistics, and implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A./B.S. degree and a minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years development or equivalent sales and marketing experience, with track record of sales or contributed revenue success required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with corporate representatives, including staff in community affairs, marketing, public relations, advertising and philanthropy
- Strong written/verbal communication, negotiating skills and attention to detail
- Creative, energetic, team-oriented, enthusiastic and positive in a demanding environment
- Knowledge of the Greater DC corporate community and familiarity with non-profit operations and management a plus
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office and comfortable and experienced with database systems; experience with The Raiser's Edge preferred
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours, generally during the summer season
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
To be considered, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements:
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Human Resources Department
1645 Trap Road, Vienna, VA 22182
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.