Be a leader in Youth activity programming. Make a difference with the YMCA.
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Under the direction of the After School Program Director the Program instructor lead will instruct a variety of after school enrichment programs. The lead instructor will be the main point of contact for parents on a day to day basis and will directly communicate with the program director.
The Program Instructor lead is responsible for teaching in a fun and safe environment. Creating a classroom environment that will provide students with the opportunity to develop new friendships improve self-esteem, self-confidence and develop strong social skills.
* Establish good rapport with parents, children and instructors
* Communicate with school and program director
* Ensure safe and clean environment for children
* Reliably attend various hours M-F 2:30 - 4:30 pm(1:30-4:30 various Mondays)
* Lead students in activities
* Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
* Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
* Able to create and implement curriculum appropriate for the class.
* Can connect with and enjoy working with K-5th grade students.
* Ability to delegate appropriately, establish and maintain harmonious relations with schools, community groups, staff and volunteers.
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical i ncidents and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
* Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforces safety regulations, and applies appropriate management techniques.
* Experience working with children and parents.
* Must have the ability to collaborate with staff, volunteers and school staff
* Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks.
* Must be personable, have good organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
* Must have reliable transportation for you and program equipment.
* 1 year supervisory experience
* Experience teaching enrichment classes/camps: Lego Engineering, Hip Hop, Arts & Crafts, Cooking, General Sports, Drama, Science etc.
1. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7. Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Associa tion standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8. Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10. Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: CollaborNation, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
11. Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities, and demons trates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
12. Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it.
Branch Location: Clark County Family YMCA
Branch Fax: 360-885-8383
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer