The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Objective: Under the direction of the After School Program Director the program instructor will instruct a variety of after school enrichment programs in the Clackamas county area.
The Program Instructor is responsible for teaching in a fun and safe environment. Creating a classroom environment that will provide students with the opportunity to develop new friendships improve self-esteem, self-confidence and develop strong social skills. Afternoon and evening programs are scheduled, employees will work 1:30pm-4:30pm and/or 5:45pm-7:15pm pm.
* Lead students in after school activities
* Create and implement curriculum
* Establish good rapport with parents and children
* Keep accurate rosters and attendance records
* Communicate with school after school program coordinator
* Provide safe and clean environment for children
* Reliably attend various hours M-F during the 2:00-5:00 pm hours
* Must have the physical and mental ability to teach a variety of athletic and enrichment programs
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
* Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforces safety regulations, and applies appropriate management techniques
* Must be able to transport equipment to and from lesson location weighing approximately 25 pounds.
* Must pass YMCA background check
* Experience working with children and parents, preferably with a programming background
* Must have reliable transportation for self and program supplies.
1. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Dem onstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7. Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8. Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10. Demonstrates compliance in the f ollowing areas: CollaborNation, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
11. Values and supports the many facets of philanthropy as an essential component in achieving the Y's mission.
12. Demonstrates and sustains the Y's nonprofit operational model.
Branch Location: Clackamas Family YMCA
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Salary: Up to US$12 per hour + ymcacw.org/careers