The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
To provide excellent customer service in a professional and knowledgeable manner while improving the lives of members through healthy living, youth development and social responsibility. Individual will be working in a fast paced, friendly environment where one builds relationships with staff, guests and members from children to seniors.
Under the direction of the Membership Supervisor this position is responsible for all duties in the Membership Department. Duties may include greeting all persons who enter the facility and referring/directing those to the proper department, acting as cashier, answering phones, giving tours, assist in membership recruitment and retention efforts of the Membership Department, administrative tasks of the front desk, registering members into programs and memberships.
Assist in keeping Welcome Center clean and organized
* Participate in membership recruitment and retention efforts of the Membership Department
* Properly process Guest Passes, Day Passes and AWAY members using correct waivers
* Greet all members, potential members and guests with a smile and make an effort to learn names
* Maintain member files accurately
* Be aware of all programs, schedules, and activities at the YMCA, and be able to answer or direct Members' questions. Be responsible for updating knowledge of programs and keeping up with memos and policies
* Answer telephone in a friendly, profes sional manner. Be able to operate phone system, including "Page" function
* Have the ability to operate cash register and accurately complete sales of merchandise and programs.
* Give facility tours, assists Child Watch in evacuations, and performs locker room security checks
* Handle Member complaints in an empathetic, professional manner
* Attend meetings and trainings as requested by supervisor
* Assist in CLASS training of new employees
* Review of back office paperwork and CLASS back office.
* Responsible for New Member Follow-up programs
* Assist Membership Director in responding to online inquires
* Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
* Commit to establishing long-term professional relationships with staff, volunteers , participants, members and families
* Ability to engage in a positive manner with both members and staff
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
* Proficient on basic computer functions and ability to learn YMCA's software applications.
* Strong verbal and written skills with ability to effectively communicate to a diverse population in a friendly, enthusiastic manner even under confrontational situations
* Ability to handle monetary transactions accurately
* Have the ability to give building tours when requested
* Able to lift up to 40 lbs
* 2+ years customer service experience
* High School diploma or its equivalent
* Hours of Availability, Monday-Sunday, open to close
* Sales experience
1. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7. Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8. Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10. Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: CollaborNation, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
11. Relationships - Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
12. Functional Expertise - Has the function al and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
11324 NE 51st Circle
Vancouver, WA 98682
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classif ication. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer