The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Under the direction of the Membership Director this position is responsible for all duties in the Membership Department at the Clark County Family YMCA located at 11324 NE 51st Cir, Vancouver, WA.This person strives to provide excellent customer service in a professional and knowledgeable manner while improving the lives of members through healthy living, youth development and social responsibility. This individual will be working in a fast paced, friendly environment where one builds relationships with staff, guests and members from children to seniors.
Oversees membership/check-in st aff and guides them when needed. Duties include greeting all persons who enter the facility and referring/directing those to the proper department, acting as cashier, answering phones, giving tours, assist in membership recruitment and retention efforts of the Membership Department, administrative tasks of the membership and check-in desks, registering members into programs and memberships. Must be available early mornings, evenings and weekends to cover as Manager on Duty when needed.
* Represent the YMCA in a positive manner.
* Supervise membership staff and guide them when needed.
* Utilize strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to a diverse population in a friendly, enthusiastic manner.
* Greet and check in members, program participants, and guests in accordance with branch policies and procedures.
* Register members and program participants for classes.
* Complete membership paperwork including registration, updates, membership on hold and cancellations.
* Member Retention: be prepared to "WOW" members with ongoing excellent attention.
* Be aware of all programs and activities at the YMCA and be able to answer or direct members' questions.
* Must be professional in all situations including maintaining confidentiality of members and guests personal data.
* Responsible for updating knowledge of programs and keeping up with memos and policies.
* Perform membership administrative duties such as filing, data entry or calling members regarding credit card declines as assigned.
* Handle member complaints in an empathetic, professional manner.
* Provide detailed and individualized tours, and be able to effectively sell memberships.
* Responsible for answering phone, checking voicemail and returning all calls promptly.
* Address any issues from previous day/night.
* Training and developing new Member Engagement Representatives the responsibilities of the position, including but not limited to sales, membership, tours, phones, and customer service.
* Attend meetings and trainings as requested by Director.
* Rotate in as Manager on Duty when needed. Resolve and effectively defuse member and staff concerns, respond and provide support to other departments as needed, be an active listener, provide calm assertive leadership.
* Perform all other tasks as assigned.
* Ability to establish and maintain productive work relationships with members and staff, exercise discretion and diplomacy, make judgments independently and follow directions.
* Ability to mentally and physically deal with fast-passed work environment and work well under pressure.
* Ability and willingness to be a self-starter, detail-oriented with strengths in planning, organization, prioritizing and follow through.
* Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills, even under potentially confrontation situations, to achieve a successful outcome.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
* Have ability to sit at a computer terminal and stand for extended periods of time.
* Be able to lift up to 40 pounds, as well as, sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
* Must have high school diploma, or GED, two plus years' experience in customer service desirable.
* Must pass YMCA background check
* Supervisory experience
* Have basic typing and computer skills
1.Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2.Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3.Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4.Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5.Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6.Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7.Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8.Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9.Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10.Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: Compli, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
11.Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it.
12.Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles and opportunities.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: US$12 - US$13 per hour + ymcacw.org/careers