* Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
* Acelero Learning is a provider of direct Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
* Shine Assist, part of our Shine Early Learning division, is a training and technical assistance unit which partners with other Head Start providers to improve their programs through hands-on training, access to our proprietary tools which have a demonstrable impact on child outcomes, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
* Shine Implement, the newest unit within Shine Early Learning, manages the delivery of Head Start services for a select group of partners through a suite of services including oversight of educational, family services and program design activities, provision of our proprietary tools, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
We are seeking an inspired and collaborative individual to join our Shine Implement team as a Family Advocate
The Family Advocate is responsible for engaging all families to partner with us to promote children’s healthy development and school readiness. The Family Advocate uses knowledge of the principles of family engagement to support families in their roles as their child’s primary educator, encourage parent/child interactions that promote children’s school readiness and healthy development, and enhance family well-being. In this role, the Family Advocate will provide more intensive and targeted support to vulnerable families and families of children with chronic health conditions and special needs in order to assure that our engagement strategies meet their specialized needs.
The Family Advocate will work as part of the program’s broader team to expand family engagement strategies that will create a sense of belonging and shared community among families, with the goal of enhancing the relationships and support that families provide to one another in their shared aspirations for their children and themselves. The position may involve reassignment of caseload and/or locations as deemed necessary for program operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Family Advocate’s responsibilities primarily fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks based upon program needs:
A.Promote Family Environments that Enhance Children’s Development
B.Support Families to Meet Self-Identified Goals and Needs
C.Engage Families To Support One Another
D.Enhance Program Collaboration
E.Maintain Accurate and Timely Record Keeping and Reporting
G.Eligibility, Selection and Enrollment
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field preferred, OR AA or BA in another field with a commitment to complete Family Services/Certificate/Credential within 18 months of hire. We will also consider candidates with a High School Diploma with 3 years experience working in the community with families and a completed Family Development Certificate or Credential
* Experience, training, and skill assisting the parents of young children to advocate for their families
* Experience working in low-income diverse communities preferred
* A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high quality family engagement
* Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
* Must have reliable personal transportation as travel from site to site is required.
* Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.