If you are someone who is excited about fundraising, have at least one year of fundrasing experience, would enjoy working for a dedicated non-profit organization that strives to help the people and their families living with ALS otherwise known as Lou Gehrig's disease, then this position may be for you.
Our Regional Development Manager handles all assigned aspects of fund development in their assigned region including meeting targeted income and expense goals.
Some of the essential functions of this position are:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to meet budgeted income goals for the Walk program in assigned region(s) that includes corporate involvement, team-building and fundraising, communication and stewardship, marketing and outreach, and event day objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Development to achieve corporate sponsor budgeted goals and for implementing a corporate solicitation model (CLC, corporate effort, etc.).
- Work in conjunction with Care Services staff to involve patients and families in awareness and fundraising opportunities.
- Work with the Director Marketing to achieve marketing (PR) objectives.
- Work with the Logistics and Team Support Coordinator to coordinate event day logistics.
- Recruit, steward, and retain a strong Walk committee chair and members as well as building a strong relationship with the YPG.
- Recruit, steward, and retain team captains, as well as individual walkers, and secure maximum income from each individual and team.
- Manage volunteers.
- Ensure your Walk site operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Lead the fund development effort in your region.
- Engage the public by representing the Chapter and speaking at community events, and act as our media and public relations spokesperson.
- Coordinate auxiliary groups, including the recruitment and stewardship of members and group logistics.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, or at least one to two (1-2) year(s) of experience in fundraising, event management, sales, or related field.
- Be proficiant with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Be comfortable with initiating traditional fundraising techniques, i.e. cold calling, overcoming objectives, asking for the gift, etc. This is a MUST!
- Have experience in managing volunteers as they are an integral part of our mission.
If you have the experience required please email your resume, current salary and contact information and I will be happy to send you a full job description. I look forward to hearing from you!!!