PROGRAMMING TRAFFIC MANAGER
Utilize the ProTrack traffic software system to effectively coordinate the
placement of programming, underwriting and interstitial materials into the
daily schedules of WEDU’s multiple broadcast channels. Serve as the primary
programming traffic liaison between WEDU and the joint master control service
for WEDU. Effectively manage the building of WEDU station breaks in
accordance with station goals, while maintaining the database of all WEDU
programming, underwriting and interstitial content.
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF CONTENT
- Effectively coordinate and manage all Underwriting Spots for WEDU broadcast channels.
- Oversight and supervision of all traffic functions in coordination with the joint master control service (Broadcast Operations Center - BOC).
- Effectively maintain the WEDU program database, including maintaining programming rights information and the scheduling the recording of WEDU local pledge content.
- Effectively maintain the WEDU interstitial spots database, including coordinating the monthly priorities of on-air messaging with WEDU managers.
- Serve as the primary WEDU point of contact for the BOC Traffic and Master Control, managing the reconciliation of all discrepancies and make-goods.
- Proactively alert all WEDU staff and programming guide services of program schedule changes.
- Effectively train and coordinate WEDU staff in the use of ProTrack TV software to direct their use of the system for individual department needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have a thorough knowledge of the ProTrack broadcast traffic system and two or more years of experience at a PBS television station as a Traffic professional.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Familiarity with broadcast traffic software systems; preferably ProTack
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Excellent personal and written communication
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
Safety and Security:
Employees are required to maintain compliance with WEDU’s safety, security, drug free and confidentiality programs to secure a safe working environment and protect the company’s intellectual property.
This position is Full Time. Minority and women applicants are encouraged to apply. Drug test required. EOE
Closing Date: Until filled
Qualified-only applicants should send resume and cover letter: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax to Human Resources, WEDU, at 813/253-0826 (not both). Please include salary requirements and cover letter.