SUBSTITUTE SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER VACANCY
School Name: The Child Study Center of New York (CSC)
School Sites:167 Clermont Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205 & 33 White Place, Staten Island, NY 10310
WORK SCHEDULE: 12 months
Here at CSC, we believe in the abilities of all, and implement standards-based approaches of teaching, learning and development tailored to the unique needs of our children in our responsive child centered-school community. Our goal is to provide our children with the academic, developmental and social-emotional skills, strategies and supports they need in order to successfully enter, over time, the most appropriate least restrictive learning environment possible. We are seeking candidates with the capacity to create collaborative, results-driven learning environments grounded in the principles of social emotional learning, positive behavior supports and standards-based instructional experiences with modifications where all children and their families feel understood, secure and supported in their growth as they attain learning readiness and beyond!
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree or college credits preferred. A minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience working with pre-school children or day care setting. Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task. Self-motivated and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide reliable on-call coverage
- Aide classroom staff with daily general classroom activities as assigned and assist in the supervision of children at all times
- Prepare for and facilitate center groups, art activities, etc. in cooperation with the classroom staff
- Assist students with meal preparation, toileting and dressing, etc.
- Contributing to the positive welfare, health and safety of students including the delivery of first aid
- Displaying respect and empathy for students by maintaining confidentiality, tact, reliability and sensitively with them and their families
- If necessary, assist in maintaining children’s progress reports, daily health log, incident logs, accident reports, lesson plans and observation notes
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to duplicating/ photocopying teaching materials, compiling students records, assisting in organizing activities, etc.
- Assist in keeping classroom, equipment, and materials in good condition
- Maintain excellent communication and inform relevant staff (ie. Group Teacher, Assistant Teacher, Teacher Aide, Head of School, etc.) and parents of any concerns
- Help in execution of current lesson plan
- As well as all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Program Director