TEACHER ASSISTANT/AIDE VACANCY
School Name: The Child Study Center of New York (CSC)
School Sites:167 Clermont Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205 & 33 White Place, Staten Island, NY 10310
WORK SCHEDULE: 12 months
Here at CSC, we believe in the abilities of all, and implement standards-based approaches of teaching, learning and development tailored to the unique needs of our children in our responsive child centered-school community. Our goal is to provide our children with the academic, developmental and social-emotional skills, strategies and supports they need in order to successfully enter, over time, the most appropriate least restrictive learning environment possible. We are seeking candidates with the capacity to create collaborative, results-driven learning environments grounded in the principles of social emotional learning, positive behavior supports and standards-based instructional experiences with modifications where all children and their families feel understood, secure and supported in their growth as they attain learning readiness and beyond!
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED. For teacher assistants a TA certification is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationship with the teacher
- Assist teacher in implementation of program activities, preparing for daily lessons, setting up classroom/centers, making copies, getting/preparing materials.
- Assist teacher by running groups (large and small) and leading lessons
- Assists students during structured and unstructured activities (circle time, projects, centers, play time, enrichment activities, and meal time) this includes 1:1 students
- Confer daily with the classroom teacher regarding the progress of the educational/behavioral programs.
- Assist in morning set-up at 8:30 am.
- Assist with daily breakfast/Lunch set-up and clean up.
- Assist in fostering smooth transitions from one activity to the next
- Uses appropriate language for individual children
- Assist children with toileting needs throughout the day
- Demonstrate initiatives
- Organize materials, student belongings
- Responsible for bus duty as assigned.
- Escort students to and from buses.
- Assist in collecting work sampling data
- Utilize effective behavior management techniques (appropriate tone, attitude, prompting, redirecting)
- Assist in collecting data on behavior management intervention and reinforcement procedures in accordance with each child’s behavior management plan or recommendations.
- Participate in all CSC behavior/educational/business in-services, trainings and staff meetings.
- Assist in orientation of new staff/substitutes.
- Organize and maintain a sanitary classroom environment.
- As well as all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Program Director