Position Summary: The Executive Director works closely with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan that fulfills the organization’s mission, implements the strategic plan, and promotes growth of the organization. This position oversees operations to ensure quality of services and cost-effective management of all resources.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Supervises: This position has direct supervision of paid staff and indirect responsibility for the effective use of volunteers.
The Executive Director works in close partnership with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to provide leadership, vision, and direction for the organization as a whole, and to execute the long-term plans and strategies in accordance with its mission. The Executive Director recommends policies to the Board and is responsible for the implementation of those policies. The Executive Director manages all operations and represents House Farm Workers! in the community and to stakeholders.
Representative Tasks and Major Responsibilities
● Leadership: Articulating the vision and strategic direction of House Farm Workers! to stakeholders. Working to inspire, energize, and unite the Board, staff, and volunteers to accomplish the mission.
● Board Support: Working with Board leadership to create policy that defines and maintains a communicative, supportive relationship between Board and staff, along with administrative support such as providing current Board materials, convening meetings, and following up on specific Board action items.
● Fundraising: Taking a leadership role in existing fundraising efforts, and proactively seeking out new fundraising initiatives. Working closely with the Board, Fundraising Committee, volunteers, and staff to implement the fundraising plan and maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising efforts. Maintaining a current donor database, and ensuring regular communications with donors.
● Personnel Management: Leading staff members to strengthen and support the goals of House Farm Workers!; creating a work environment that attracts and retains top talent; developing and inspiring staff; identifying training needs and ensuring implementation of programs and procedures that address those needs.
● Committee and Volunteer Management: Working directly to actively engage and energize House Farm Workers! committees and City Groups. Working to develop new volunteers and volunteer opportunities.
● Administration/Financial Management: Overseeing the development of budgets for submission to the Board; ensuring the Board is regularly informed on the financial status of House Farm Workers! through proper and timely financial reporting; ensuring there are ongoing adequate and appropriate accounting procedures and controls in place. Ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations, state and federal reporting requirements, internal policies, legal agreements, and personnel issues. Ensuring appropriate insurance and risk management procedures are in place. Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and activities.
● Programs: Supervising the planning and execution of all programs to ensure that they are appropriate to House Farm Workers! mission, advance its long-term goals, and are properly staffed and executed.
● Community Affairs and Outreach: Clearly articulating House Farm Workers! mission, vision, programs, and impact; working with key community members and organizations to strengthen House Farm Workers! work, garner new opportunities, and build partnerships; speaking on the organization’s behalf to advance House Farm Workers! visibility and to promote its interests. Deepening and refining all aspects of communications – from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating greater visibility.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network