STANDING TOGETHER TO END SEXUAL ASSAULT
Community Education Specialist
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Healthcare Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Employee Retirement through SIMPLE IRA
Supervisor: Community Education Coordinator
ADMINISTRATION OF PROGRAMS
1. Conduct outreach and sexual assault prevention presentations for the Community Education Programs with an emphasis on the Spanish speaking community.
2. Ensure the development and implementation of recruitment strategies for obtaining volunteers with an emphasis on the Spanish speaking community.
3. Conduct data entry related to the services provided. Review the accuracy of statistical reports.
4. Maintain administrative files pertaining to the Spanish language Community Education Programs.
MARKETING & RESOURCES:
1. Ensure that information about STESA’s services is available to the Spanish speaking community in a uniform manner in order to promote STESA logo and identified marks.
2. Conduct media interviews and write public service announcements as assigned.
3. Maintain a current media list of Spanish language print, broadcast and on-line media.
4. Implement the use of Spanish language program-related written materials. Ensure all materials used are culturally and linguistically competent.
1. Prepare and facilitate the Speakers’ Bureau Trainings.
2. Ensure appropriate supervision and training of Speakers’ Bureau Members
3. Update Speaker’s Bureau Training Manual on a yearly basis.
1. Attend training and research the subject of sexual assault as necessary to enhance skills and increase knowledge base.
2. Maintain a positive working relationship with coalitions and community groups in order to ensure successful coalition building.
3. Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect among staff and volunteers.
1. Bilingual Spanish/English REQUIRED.
2. AA required, preferably in education, marketing, sociology or related field. Can substitute 2 years of experience relevant to the duties outlined above.
3. Excellent public speaking skills, including interface with media.
4. Excellent public relations skills. Considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
5. Strong written communication skills in English and Spanish.
6. Completion of CI Training within 3 months of hire (STESA will provide this training). Working knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to sexual violence.
7. Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized communities, especially the Spanish speaking community. Experience in developing educational programs that address the needs of these communities.
8. Experience in working effectively with staff, volunteers and/or community agencies of diverse political, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
9. Demonstrated ability to motivate & coordinate the efforts of others in a positive manner.
10. Strong skills in volunteer management, recruitment, training and retention.
11. Well organized with excellent skills in time management & attention to detail.
12. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
13. Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft suite. Strong Internet research skills. Well versed in the use of social media.
14. Reliable transportation
Resume deadline: Open until filled.
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
Elsa Granados, Executive Director