Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center/Centro Contra la Violación Sexual
Licensed Therapist - Bilingual
Status: Contract Position (10-15 hours per week)
Supervisor: Counseling Supervisor & Program Director
- Conduct Spanish speaking client intakes for the Long-term Counseling Program.
- Complete clinical assessments.
- Provide appropriate long-term counseling to sexual assault survivors and their significant others utilizing an empowerment model.
- Provide group facilitation for support or therapy groups.
- Provide the long-term counseling 20-hour training to Spanish speaking advocates.
- Facilitate weekly Long-term Counseling supervision meetings for Spanish speaking counselors to evaluate the quality and appropriateness of services provided within the Long-term Counseling program.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Long-term Counseling Supervisor.
- Attend weekly supervision.
- Fulfil requirements to maintain Sexual Assault Counselor Certificate and BBS License.
- Prepare statistical data from services provided for reports needed by funding sources.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork, mutual respect and empowerment among staff and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as required to advance the goals of SBRCC.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Licensed MFT or CSW in good standing for at least two years.
- Must possess current licensure and liability insurance and keep current as a condition of employment.
- Working knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to sexual violence.
- Experience providing counseling to trauma survivors.
- Experience in working with individuals diagnosed with mental illnesses.
- Experience in working effectively with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience facilitating trainings.
- Completion of Crisis Intervention Training and Long-term Counseling Training within 3 months of hire (SBRCC will provide this training).
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with professionals who interface with survivors of sexual assault and their significant others.
- Willingness and ability to work varied hours.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at http://www.sbrapecrisiscenter.org/employment.html
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center
433 E. Cañon Perdido St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101