POSITION: Director of Fund Development
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
WAGE RANGE: Depending on experience
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Exempt LOCATION: Various Offices
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County, where it is known as Community Legal Services (CLS). Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) seeks a Director of Fund Development whose previous experience demonstrates successful fundraising efforts including a record of building campaigns, soliciting gifts and working with diverse staff and volunteers, that can be transferred into developing and implementing a strong fundraising platform for LASOC-CLS. The Director of Fund Development will directly supervise the Grants and Evaluations Manager and Communications Associate.
* Work closely with Executive Director and others to build a successful fundraising program that will diversify funding streams and increase revenue from major/corporate gifts, individual gifts, grants and contracts, planned giving, and events;
* Work closely with Executive Director to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan, and put into place robust fundraising strategies and systems that will support its success;
* Develop, execute, and drive implementation of LASOC-CLS’ annual fundraising plan, as well as annual evaluation of the plan’s success in meeting goals and objectives;
* Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors at various giving levels, including individuals, law firms, corporations, and foundations;
* Work closely with the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors, and help build the capacity and effectiveness of the Board to raise awareness and funds;
* Adopt and administer a donor database for accurate and timely donor and gift record-keeping;
* Plan and execute LASOC-CLS fundraising events;
* Build and manage staff and volunteer fundraising efforts;
* Participate in outreach activities and community events related to donor cultivation;
* Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization;
* Work with communications staff to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies and materials across platforms in order to raise brand awareness and support fundraising from diverse audiences;
* Assist in preparation of annual organizational budget and audits;
* Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization;
* Comply with fundraising regulations as required by grantors.
* Bachelor’s Degree;
* A commitment to and ability to articulate LASOC-CLS mission;
* Experience in serving on leadership teams in progressive nonprofit organizations;
* A minimum of 5 years of experience with non-profit development or fundraising, with three years’ experiences as a Development Director preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including Boards of Directors and organizational leadership;
* Experience and success in the cultivation and stewardship of volunteer and donor networks through a variety of creative outreach strategies, including events and communications;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Experience crafting targeted messages for multiple platforms, including traditional correspondence, website, and social media;
* Experience in conducting research and identifying potential funders;
* Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with fundraising software;
* Knowledge of marketing concepts and ability to assist in the creation, printing, and distribution of various materials;
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize among competing tasks while maintaining attention to detail;
* Exceptional interpersonal and administrative skills, a positive attitude and work style, and an ability to balance and initiate multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; and;
* Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical, dental, LTD, 401k with employer contribution, life insurance, and FSA. Paid holidays | vacation | sick leave
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Jessica Flowers at email@example.com. Position open until filled.
The Legal Aid Society of Orange County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ###
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network