SAN JOSE, CA AND MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Reporting to the Director of PayPal Gives at PayPal and the Director of Corporate Responsibility at SVCF, this individual will be responsible for supporting PayPal Gives with its strategic grantmaking initiatives, employee engagement opportunities and other special programs and projects that require administrative, operational and advisory services. This role will be responsible for providing continuity, structure and support of long and short term initiatives. In addition to these responsibilities, this individual will also support SVCF as part of the externally focused corporate responsibility team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the strategy that seeks to establish SVCF as the premier philanthropic partner for charitably -minded individuals and institutions.
This is a one year long contract. The selected individual will spend 30 to 40 hours a week working from the PayPal office at 2211 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95131 on employee engagement related projects and assignments. The selected individual will also be expected to attend SVCF activities on a pre-determined schedule at its headquarters at 2440 W. El Camino Real, Suite 300, Mountain View, CA 94040.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities - PayPal
• Support the matching gifts program: work with internal and external partners to deliver tools and resources that facilitate an optimal experience for employees; promote site and program usage; assist employees with posting volunteer opportunities; measure program effectiveness through reports and analysis
• Support the global GIVE Team program: build awareness of, and engagement in, GIVE teams in office locations around the world; train employee volunteer leaders; maintain, improve and expand usage of related tools, including the online grant application platform; review and approve grant applications, perform impact analysis, and develop summary reports.
• Help create a culture of giving and create resources to support and strategically align employee volunteerism.
• Work with the GIVE Team leaders in San Jose to manage the grant process, plan fundraisers and drives, and put together team volunteer activities.
• Keep team volunteer toolkit up to date and work with business units in San Jose to plan team volunteer activities
• Support the volunteering mentoring programs such as Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and NFTE.
• Respond to philanthropic inquiries.
• Support other employee engagement and grant programs as necessary.
Responsibilities - Silicon Valley Community Foundation
In addition, this position will be part of the Corporate Responsibility team and will report to the Director of Corporate Responsibility at SVCF and must be available for periodic check-ins or outreach. The selected individual in this role is also expected to attend the following SVCF sessions:
• New Hire Orientation (up to two full work days when hired)
• Quarterly check in with supervisor (one (1) hour each quarter)
• SVCF All -Staff meeting (ninety (90) minute meeting each month)
• Division meeting (one (1) hour meeting each month)
• Department meeting (one (1) hour meeting each month)
This position will also be expected to check SVCF emails regularly and respond according to SVCF’s policies (within 48 hours) as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 3+ year's professional experience in a private or corporate foundation, CSR role or nonprofit environment.
• Demonstrated passion for Social Innovation and CSR efforts; experience in grantmaking and employee engagement.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
• Project management skills with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and make good use of time management skills.
• Experience working on matching gifts programs, volunteer management, and grant application programs.
• Ability to work confidently and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
• Strong business acumen.
• Global mindset.
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.