Services for Brain Injury (SBI) has a part-time opportunity for a Speech Therapist to join our team. This position provides speech therapy to our adult clients with brain injuries. SBI is a peninsula-based non-profit rehabilitation service that empowers people with disabilities to realize their full potential in every aspect of life.
1. The evaluation and treatment of adult clients with deficits in cognitive-communication, social communication, language, speech production, and swallowing, Speech disorders include apraxia, dysarthria, stuttering and voice. Knowledge of AAC is preferred.
2. The establishment of short and long term communication goals designed to improve functional skills, employment skills and participation in SBI programs
3. Communication of assessment results, therapy results and goals to family and staff as needed.
4. Collaboration with other professionals to ensure optimal client success in SBI Programs and job performance.
5. Attendance at staff meetings and other team meetings to report client progress and recommendations
6. Supervision of speech therapy volunteers, clinical fellows and interns as requested
7. Participation in continuing education to meet professional licensure/certification requirements
8. Compliance with ASHA code of ethics
Educational Requirements: Masters Degree (M.A. or M.S.) in speech pathology (or equivalent) from an accredited university
Preferred: Experience with evaluation and treatment of clients with brain injuries.
License/Certifications: Licensed by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board in the State of California. Certified Member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
SBI is the only organization of its kind in the Greater Bay Area providing comprehensive rehabilitation for people with brain injuries and other cognitive disorders from post-acute through vocational training and job placement with a job coach. SBI is non-profit and CARF accredited.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract