Senior Manager, Human Resources and Employee Experience
For more than 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned to preserve forests, protect the climate and uphold human rights by challenging corporate power and systemic injustice through research, education, partnerships, non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, strategic campaigns and communications. We are committed to working with Indigenous and frontline communities directly impacted by profit-driven systems of injustice. In partnership with allies from around the world, RAN challenges corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt policies that reduce their contributions to climate change. RAN is committed to doing what is necessary, not only what is considered politically feasible.
The Senior Manager of Human Resources and Employee Experience will oversee all employee relations matters in the organization. This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned Human Resources leader to apply their passion and experience in staff and leadership coaching, racial justice and equity, relationship building, conflict resolution and organizational development in service of protecting forests, fighting climate change and upholding human rights. The position will report to the Deputy Executive Director.
To be successful in this role, candidates should have demonstrable experience leading HR functions and building organizational effectiveness and management in a nonprofit institutional setting. RAN is committed to equity, inclusion, and justice in our work and within our organization. This position will play a key role in ensuring those values are echoed in support and guidance of staff, managers and the leadership team by serving as an organizational advocate for equity, inclusion, and justice. And, it will help build and strengthen a culture that reflects RAN's core values and aligns with our anti-oppression principles.
○ Maintain knowledge of HR industry trends and policy updates relevant for the non-profit sector
○ Work with the HR Generalist and Professional Employer Organization (PEO) to ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations, appropriate record keeping, and benefits administration.
○ Facilitate conflict resolution relating to investigations and grievances to ensure consistent standards and timely resolution.
○ Review, update and communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures to staff to ensure proper compliance.
○ Develop and deliver trainings to support inclusive and equitable management practices and professional development of staff and managers.
○ Promote a culture of open and constructive feedback, staff consultation, learning, accountability and equity.
○ Coach staff and supervisors on ensuring integrity and consistency in hiring, retention, promotion, termination and other managerial practices
○ Support HR administrator and hiring managers on developing job descriptions and equitable compensation for vacant positions
○ Ensure quality and consistency in new hire onboarding procedures and in the implementation of all personnel policies
○ Review and update employee performance review systems to ensure staff development and engagement across teams and organization.
Required skills and experience:
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
This is a full-time position and the target salary range is $83,000 – $88,000 based in San Francisco (salary ranges for other cities can be found below). RAN salaries are adjusted by geographic cost of labor, so the final salary would be determined on location, in addition to a candidate’s overall experience and qualifications. (Ex: hiring an employee in Green Bay, WI would result in a lower target salary range due to the geographic cost of labor).
Salary ranges for this position based in different cities:
Los Angeles, CA: $73,000 - $77,600
Washington, DC: $74,000 - $78,400
Seattle, WA: $73,300 - $77,700
Chicago, IL: $61,900 - $71,900
New York: $75,800 - $80,400
Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family, an employer funded HSA, vision & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vested employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully-paid sabbatical.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly with the link below:
Supervisor: Deputy Executive Director
Status: FT, with benefits
Location: San Francisco
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network