KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media. Funding for activities are derived from donor support in a multi-channel universe. The Direct Marketing Associate is a part-time entry level fundraising position responsible for working closely with the Senior Manager, Direct Marketing. Responsible for the performance of daily duties associated with ongoing direct response marketing projects. Assist in the coordination and execution of donor acquisition and retention campaigns. Assist in planning and execution of an integrated fundraising plan for multichannel direct response program.
• Coordination of annual schedule for all solicitations created with vendors and Senior Manager, Direct Marketing that support KQED's individual giving programs.
• Maintain contact with external vendors, consultants and list brokers. .
• Monitor and evaluate metrics in order to assess short and long term return on investment for all direct response fundraising activities as well as other fundraising channels.
• Monitor creative, technical, postal and regulatory trends in fundraising and direct marketing fields and work with staff to develop and/or update collateral and documentation where appropriate.
• Edit copy on campaigns.
• Track expenses to ensure that activities meet budgeted expense.
• Working with KQED’s Data Team to ensure that file segmentation maximizes response rates and retention rates. Analyzes progress and results making recommendations to meet campaign goals.
1. Demonstrated ability to manage comprehensive an integrated direct response program, including experience growing a donor base utilizing direct marketing techniques.
2. Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
3. Availability to generate and interpret analytical reports.
4. Strong written communication, editing and proofing skills.
5. Strong initiative and ability to work autonomously with the ability to prioritize to meet stated deadlines.
6. Strong experience with Outlook and standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
Understanding of public broadcasting mission and standards
Familiarity with working in a union environment
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family friendly workplace offering 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) with employer match. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.