DAY SHIFTS = 7:00AM to 7:30PM
OVERNIGHT SHIFTS = 7:00PM TO 7:30AM
RATE OF PAY = $32.65 p/h
($31.21p/h + $1.44 p/h which is the cash equivalent of the San Francisco MCO requirement of twelve (12) paid days off per year.)
ARE YOU READY FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF NURSING CHALLENGE?
This position is primarily used to fill late or sick calls. So the individual we are seeking is someone that has an open and flexible schedule, and can arrive to work within 2 hours. Must be available to work weekends!
Come join our team of dedicated professionals committed to quality care and customer service.
Baker Places, Inc. is a non-profit residential treatment agency, providing the San Francisco community with alternatives to institutional care since 1964. All agency services are provided from the philosophy of social rehabilitation, which integrates teaching daily living skills in a safe and healthy environment.
The Staff Nurse provides professional nursing care in a substance abuse program serving primarily homeless adults who need public health-supported residential services to detoxify from substances of abuse. Our program provides 24-hour care, medically supported detoxification services, observation, assessment, treatment, and referral during a stay of 7-21 days.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor, assess and document changes in client condition.
2. Conduct individual and group health educational sessions.
3. Administer medications and provide basic wound care management and other various treatments associated with our population.
4. Excellent document of patient care information and clinical interventions.
5. Assesses nutritional needs and ensure that diet is appropriate.
6. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Possess valid California Vocational Nursing License or California Psychiatric Technician License.
2. Must have at least six months work experience (separate from clinical hours related to school) in medical surgical, acute care, sub-acute care, skilled nursing, psychiatric or community health.
3. Demonstrated ability and sensitivity working with a culturally diverse population.
4. Current Level B CPR License required.
5. Self-directed and ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
7. Experience with substance abuse/detox preferred.
In addition to the Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates will need to be familiar with:
1. Lab Values
2. Seizure Management
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Strongly encourage SPANISH speaking/reading candidates to apply.
EASY ACCESS TO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax to
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY!