Robertson Place: A 12-bed, transitional residential treatment program with a day treatment component and a stay of up to 90-days, focusing on adults who have been diagnosed with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall management, clinical and rehabilitation services, staffing, facilities, and fiscal operations of an adult residential treatment program. The Program Director manages the flow of clients into and out of the program and advocates for and responds to clients' treatment and rehabilitation needs.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS - Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, ample paid time off. Supervision hours toward licensure with the Board of Behavioral Sciences available for ASW/MFTi.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and deliver high quality clinical, rehabilitative, and culturally competent services in a residential treatment program, focusing on adults who have been diagnosed with co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS related issues.
2. Must be able to perform and train staff in all aspects of Assistant Program Director and Residential/Relief Counselor duties.
3. Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates all personnel within the program.
4. Effectively and consistently uses Baker Places Personnel Policies and the SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) in all staff encounters, actions, and decisions.
5. Develops and maintains good working relationship with client referral sources and other related mental health, substance abuse, and community service programs.
6. Review for accuracy all client records and charts to ensure compliance with agency, clinical, fiscal, and Medi-Cal standards and licensure requirements.
7. Set-up and coordinate staff work schedules.
8. Conducts weekly staff meeting(s), supervision where client, staff, and household milieu issues are addressed.
9. Coordinate the collection of client census data and reports as required.
10. Maintains facility and services in accordance with licensure standards to ensure that all clients receive care and supervision that includes but is not limited to:
a) Principles of nutrition, food preparation and storage, and menu planning.
b) Housekeeping and sanitation principles.
c) Recognition of the early signs of illness and need for professional assistance.
d) Identification and access to community services.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
2. Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
3. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
4. Responsible to physically respond to client needs in the event of a crisis situation.
1. Must have at least two (2) years of experience as Program Director of a dual diagnosed (psychiatric and substance abuse) adult residential treatment facility.
2. Must have demonstrated conflict resolution track record. Must be able to problem solve. Must be able to direct, lead, coach, supervise, and train staff.
3. An understanding of and commitment to Social Rehabilitation is required.
4. Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) REQUIRED. MHRS = BA in behavioral science + 4 years related experience OR MA in behavioral science + 2 years related experience or PhD in behavioral science.
5. Must demonstrate cultural competency while working with diverse populations on the issues of mental health, substance abuse, and HIV-AIDS in a social rehabilitation treatment model.
6. Requires previous experience compiling data, creating and distributing reports, and responding to governmental requests for information on a timely basis.
7. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, clients, and other providers both orally and in writing.
8. Must maintain up-to-date CPR & First Aid certifications, and TB test results.
9. Must be able to attend the program's mandatory weekly staff meeting, which takes place every Thursday morning from 9am-11am. Please do not apply if you cannot attend the staff meeting.
10. Per our licensure, Community Care Licensing: Must be able to obtain a Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance. Individuals with serious criminal offenses in their background may not be able to obtain a DOJ clearance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Candidates who are proficient in reading and writing Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Candidates who are proficient in reading and writing Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail or fax your resume and cover letter and position that you are interested via: email@example.com or fax: 415-581-0797. If sending your resume/cover letter via email, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.
Due to the high volume of resumes, only resumes sent via email will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
BAKER PLACES, INC. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED!