Compensation is $18.44 per hour
Classification: Regular, full-time, non-exempt
EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long term and Short Term disability, Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, Employer Sponsored Retirement Plan, Generous Paid Time Off.
Baker Places, Inc. is a non-profit residential treatment agency that has provided the San Francisco community with alternatives to institutional care since 1964. All agency services are provided from the philosophy of social rehabilitation which integrates teaching daily living skills in a safe and healthy environment.
Conduct client intake interviews, facilitate groups, perform clinical assessments, de-escalate clients and manage crisis intervention, assist in creating active client treatment/discharge plans and goals, maintain manual and electronic client records, and coordinate/link clients to resources in the community. Residential Counselors are responsible for supervising and participating in minor household repairs and cleaning tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides supportive counseling in a milieu environment assisting clients with their mental health wellness and recovery goals.
2. Engages with clients to create active treatment plans, goals and discharge plans.
3. Provides milieu treatment, crisis intervention, and crisis assessment as necessary.
4. Performs medication management in accordance with regulatory standards.
5. Maintains accurate and up-to-date client files, required charts, progress notes, and records as required.
6. Performs data entry into electronic health record system.
7. Initiates and maintains contact with other treatment providers in the community mental health system to ensure coordination of client care.
8. Fosters a positive working relationship with members of the community.
9. Responsible for the maintenance and protection of a safe and healthy program environment.
10. Assists residents in meal preparation and general housekeeping duties of the facility.
11. Attends and participates in supervision, staff meetings, and training.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Candidates applying for this position will possess:
-Extreme passion for our agency's mission in maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude
-Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
-Flexibility with a team player mentality
-Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
-An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
-Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
-Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
1. Must be a certified Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Counselor, or MFTi or ASW
2. Bachelor's degree in a social services related field is preferred but not required.
3. AT LEAST ONE YEAR experience working with adults who are chronically, severely mentally ill OR who have chronic substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS related issues.
4. Must have basic knowledge of the DSM-IV.
5. Must have basic computer knowledge/skills. Maintaining AVATAR, our electronic client records system, is required.
6. Must be able to attend the program's mandatory weekly staff meeting, which takes place every
Thursday morning from 9am-11am. Please do not apply if you cannot attend the staff meeting.
7. Must be able to obtain a Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance. Individuals with serious criminal offenses in their background may not be able to obtain a DOJ clearance as dictated by our State Licensure.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter via thenonprofitnetwork or fax to: 415-581-0797. If sending via email, please send your resume/cover letter as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.
ONLY Certified AOD counselors, MFTIs and ASWs will be considered.
Baker Places, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.