StarVista is a non-profit agency in San Mateo County, California, with over 30 programs offering counseling, crisis prevention, youth housing, and early childhood services to over 40,000 county residents each year. StarVista launched a new brand identity and website in September of 2018, creating an exciting opportunity for a talented individual looking to grow their portfolio in social media and marketing. As the Social Media Specialist, you will report to the Senior Marketing Manager, work closely with internal partners across the agency, help establish StarVista's presence on social media, work collaboratively with other members of the Development & Marketing team, and keep our followers informed about the agency and its programs.
This position is 16-20hrs/week, 50% remote/telecommute, 50% working at StarVista’s office.
POSITION PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES:
The Social Media Specialist will: create, maintain and enhance StarVista’s social media presence; develop and plan short and long term social media goals; stay up-to-date on social media best practices; recommend new ideas for follower engagement; and assist internal partners with content development as needed.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Create and lead social media initiatives on StarVista’s channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Create, curate, manage and implement content
• Provide social media expertise, best practices and industry information to stakeholders
• Create and manage social media calendar
• Complete daily postings
• Analyze the results of initiatives and social media efforts
• Create reports and recommend improvements based on findings
• Ensure branding standards and messaging are maintained across all channels
• Monitor and engage with user comments across all social media channels
• Respond to online inquires in a timely manner
• Live-cover events, including fundraising events, trainings, public education forums, etc.
• Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and work both quickly and independently
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Create graphics for use on social media as needed
• Ability to create sticky content and incorporate short form video content
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to seek solutions collaboratively
• An understanding of social media’s landscape and best practices
• Strong aesthetic eye and attention to detail
• Exceptional team player with a proactive, can-do attitude, and the ability to problem-solve
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus
• Professional social media experience
All full-time employees receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, accrue three weeks of vacation and two personal days in their first year of employment, and are eligible to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a 401K retirement plan. The agency recognizes 13 paid holidays annually. Benefits for part-time employees are pro-rated according to scheduled hours. Flexible schedule and telecommuting are possible. It is our belief that staff diversity promotes appropriate responsiveness to community needs, provides representative role models for all clientele, and improves the quality of our services in a host of ways. Employment decisions and services provided to clients are not based on race, color, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. StarVista fully supports the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state disability law.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the role and StarVista, your previous social media experience, and links to relevant social media projects and/or profiles. Use subject line: Social Media Specialist. Send to: Robin Rudikoff, email@example.com.