| Job Description
The Director is responsible for supporting the implementation of the operational plan of assigned revenue channel to meet or exceed revenue and engagement goals. This position oversees events in multiple markets with revenue from these events representing $2 million for the Bike MS San Antonio and the Bike MS Midland. This role will lead 2 direct reports in multiple locations.
This position supervises fundraising in multiple markets in the assigned event revenue portfolio often providing leadership and direction from a distance and engages the presidents, local staff, key volunteers and board members to reach revenue goals. In addition, this position is part of a Bike MS team who implements the fundraising, recruitment and cultivation strategies for Bike MS and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory.
- Accelerates revenue growth by identifying, evaluating and ensuring implementation of the development plan for Bike MS.
- Working with the Bike MS Sr. Director to ensure that fundraising strategies across Development are understood by market staff and that the staff is achieving its goals as defined in the operational plan
- Coaches, develops and directly supervises a team approximately 2 development leadership professionals responsible for executing the plan/s and outcomes in their portfolio of events or leadership function
- Works in collaboration with AVP and other Development leadership of Bike MS and the local leadership team in the relationship management strategy for fundraisers at all levels, teams, team captain, corporate partners and volunteers.
- Accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Bike MS market has a strong operational plan following Society strategies focused on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, bike shops, bike clubs, etc.
- Implements processes that enable rapid adoption of successful tactics into every market plan in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Works in collaboration with the AVP and Senior Director, Bike MS to ensure an effective Bike MS fundraising staff structure is in place for each market based on budgeted revenue and growth potential. As needed, reallocates staff throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio to maximize capacity and resources.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director builds strong and balanced participant portfolios for each Bike MS staff member. The portfolios will include teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, bike shops, bike clubs, volunteers, etc.
- Works in collaboration with the Senior Director, Bike MS to build a relationship with local market staff including presidents' in the assigned event revenue portfolio. Frequently communicates with the local staff including presidents to: ensure effective execution of the campaign in each market, assess volunteer engagement opportunities, and discuss corporate development opportunities. ,
- Ensures participant relationships and corporate partnerships result in growth in registrations and revenue.
- Work with the Senior Director, Bike MS to engage presidents in the Bike MS budgeted revenue discussion, revenue growth assessment and the planning process.
- Responsible for hiring and training Bike MS market staff in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Coaches, develops and supervises a team of Bike MS market staff responsible for executing the plan (Teams, Logistics, Corporate Relations, and Top Fundraisers).
- Identifies, develops and grows staff capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures staff behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provides timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Bike MS market has a strong event experience. Works in collaboration with the logistics team (in-house or outsourced).
- Works with the AVP and Senior Director Bike to identify events that can be merged to increase staff capacity, reduce expenses and ultimately drive revenue.
- In partnership with the AVP and Senior Director Bike MS, identifies new market opportunities for expansion of the Bike MS series.
- Oversees the execution of the integrated marketing and communication plan focused on acquisition, retention and revenue growth for each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Increases the number of Society volunteers focused on Bike MS by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Bike MS staff.
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Provides Leadership and expertise as part of the Bike MS/Walk MS/Walk MS Team responsible for achieving revenue goals
- Ensures communication and integration of strategies within each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Ensures the strategies, resources and tools created by the marketing, relationship development and event experience teams are deployed in each market to drive revenue and registration.
- Collaborates with other market based revenue channel leaders and the president/REVP to provide a unified and consistent experience for sponsors, participants, donors and volunteers that are shared between revenue channels.
- Bridges corporate and volunteer relationships to other markets where new teams and be seeded and additional sponsorship and be realized.
- Is an active member of the Strategy 6: Resource and Revenue Growth Team.
- Provides supervision to the market staff for assigned events
- Ensures communication and integration between the development team and other revenue channels in their market
- Working closely with the local logistics, services teams to fully engage and mobilize the MS community.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience.
- At least 5 years of combined leadership and development experience including 2 years in a management fundraising position with the National MS Society or other non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, staff coaching and fundraising, marketing, budgeting and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
- Ability to analyze the Metrics That Matter and adjust market plans based on the data and results.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers from a distance while deepening relationships and creating trust.
- Experience in creating and delivering organization initiatives involving significant dollar amounts and implications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations and strong relationship and communication skills to provide leadership to a large number of staff and constituents.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reporting tools (Metrics that Matter or similar reporting software).
- Knowledge and ability to use Society technology platforms including Blackbaud, GoTo Meeting etc.
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
How to Apply: