WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) is a non-profit family planning agency and a leader in reproductive healthcare, advocacy, and education in the state of Utah. We provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens in 9 health centers across the state.
At PPAU, care is much more than the services we provide; it’s the way we approach our world. We care with respect and are passionate about helping women, men, and young people lead healthy lives.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
With the collaboration of the Metro Clinic Coordinator and the VP of Clinical Programs, provides quality clinical and counseling service on all aspects of reproductive health, including contraception, abortion, and reproductive health.
- Maintains appropriate patient and staff confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a non-directive manner about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and make a referral for service based on the persons needs.
- Assure center opening, closing, maintenance and cleanliness of the clinic is completed as scheduled
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provides accurate information enabling the client to make informed choices.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team on patient care standards and enhancement of efficient clinical operations.
- Acts as a resource for other team members providing technical assistance when requested/ indicated.
- Participates in student training
- Maintains clinical systems, i.e., abnormal lab follow-ups to assure agency compliance with protocol.
- Assess the client, taking an accurate and relevant medical, sexual and social history.
- Complete tasks that support patient care such as phone consultations and patient follow-up.
- Participate in continuing medical education as necessary for licensure.
- Recognize ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing abortion care to women and their significant others.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity in daily activities
- Willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Provides factual, nonbiased information to all clients about all FDA approved birth control methods and information those seeking abortion in accordance with PPAU policy and medical guidelines
- Performs appropriate lab procedures in accordance with OSHA and universal infection control guidelines
- Assists medical provider in the examination and procedure-surgical rooms.
- Describes the difference between medical and surgical abortions.
- Performs phlebotomy and specific laboratory duties.
- Assures medical office is clean and appropriately stocked with proper equipment and supplies.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Current LPN Utah license
- 1+ years in Women’s Health
- Current ACLS certification preferred
- Must be willing to support a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
This position is full time with a salary of $19 per hour. In addition, PPAU offers a generous benefits package.
Apply online at www.ppau.org
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy or union activity. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. PPAU is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.