WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) is a non-profit family planning agency and a leader in reproductive healthcare, advocacy, and education in the state of Utah. We provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens in 9 health centers across the state.
At PPAU, care is much more than the services we provide; it’s the way we approach our world. We care with respect and are passionate about helping women, men, and young people lead healthy lives.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Salt Lake Clinic is open Monday through Thursday 9am-7pm, and Friday and Saturday from 9am-5pm.
In a work team environment, performs a variety of clinical and clerical functions. Job duties include all clinical, financial and clerical, facility maintenance, and training of team members, interns/externs, and volunteers. Provides information, within scope of job duties and training, regarding all Planned Parenthood resources, options, and services. Provides quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
* Participates with team members in identifying and improving systems, activities, behaviors, resolving issues, etc. which result in improving quality services.
* Ability to communicate with clients in a non-directive manner about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and provide continuing care and/or referrals based on the client’s need.
* Performs routine office duties, including, but not limited to, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, providing referrals, explaining and collecting fees, entering client information into computer, etc.
* Maintains client electronic record systems and lab results and ensures accurate input of information into the computer system.
* Interviews clients according to client-centered education methods to obtain and provide information.
* Provides accurate information to all clients about all FDA approved birth control methods as well as adoption, prenatal and abortion services in accordance with PPAU policy and medical guidelines.
* Describe the difference between medication and surgical abortion.
* Performs appropriate lab procedures in accordance with OSHA and universal infection control guidelines. Maintains proficiency in performing CLIA waived tests and phlebotomy.
* Assists medical provider in the examination and procedure-surgical rooms.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Graduation from high school or equivalent
* 1+ years experience in a medical setting or other experience with extensive customer service contact; or 0-1 years experience plus post-High School education/certification in a medical or health field, gender studies, social work, family planning, or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
* Bilingual English/Spanish ability is required
This position is full time and pays $13.00 per hour, in addition to a generous benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, and more.
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy or union activity. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. PPAU is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.