WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) is a non-profit family planning agency and a leader in reproductive healthcare, advocacy, and education in the state of Utah. We provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens in 9 health centers across the state.
At PPAU, care is much more than the services we provide; it’s the way we approach our world. We care with respect and are passionate about helping women, men, and young people lead healthy lives.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position is 32 hours per week. Schedule will be Tuesday through Friday with some flexibility.
With the collaboration of the affiliate Surgical Director and the Assistant Medical Director, provides quality clinical and counseling service on all aspects of reproductive health, including contraception, abortion, and reproductive health. As a member of the clinic Team, participates in the development and implementation of processes to provide quality patient care in accordance with Agency’s protocols, policies and procedures. Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Maintains appropriate patient and staff confidentiality.
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provides accurate information enabling the client to make informed choices.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team on patient care standards and enhancement of efficient clinical operations.
- Acts as a resource for other team members providing technical assistance when requested/ indicated.
- Participates in student training
- Maintains clinical systems, i.e., abnormal lab follow-ups to assure agency compliance with protocol.
- Assess the client, taking an accurate and relevant medical, sexual and social history.
- Recognize emergency situations and act to ensure the health and safety of the patient.
- Complete tasks that support patient care such as phone consultations and patient follow-up.
- Participate in the on call emergency phone rotation.
- Participate in continuing medical education as necessary for licensure.
- Recognize ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing abortion care to women and their significant others.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity in daily activities
- Willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Current RN Utah license
- Bachelors, ADN or diploma in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification preferred.
- Must be willing to support a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Commitment to PPAU’s mission, values, and philosophy.
This position is part time with a salary of $24.51 per hour. In addition, PPAU offers a generous benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, and more.
Apply online at www.ppau.org
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy or union activity. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. PPAU is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.