JOB TITLE: Patient Navigator
JOB LOCATION: Sacramento-area Hospital Emergency Department
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $18.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
CLOSE DATE: Open until filled
POSITION PURPOSE & SCOPE
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Patient Navigator is responsible for assisting patients in Sacramento hospital emergency departments, to navigate and access community services and social supportive resources, including scheduling of appointments and coordinating the referral process between Sacramento-area hospitals and community health centers/primary care clinics, and social supportive resources. The process involves a high level of interaction with hospital staff, patients, community health providers and partners to determine optimal care needs and settings, make referral appointments, and transfer relevant patient health data via a secure web-based system, as well as necessary follow-up to ensure continuity of care.
The priority goal for a Patient Navigator is to find healthcare homes for uninsured and underinsured patients, where they can receive appropriate levels of care with the desired outcome being improved health for designated patient populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make face-to-face connections and build rapport with patients in various clinical settings including but not limited to hospitals, hospital emergency departments and clinics.
• Serve as liaison between patients and providers to find appropriate care centers and connect with providers.
• Screen for eligibility and schedule appointments for individuals to apply for available health coverage, nutrition programs and other community resources.
• Make follow-up calls and monitor progress of patients to ensure positive outcomes, including on successful referrals and reduction in hospital readmission for primary care.
• Educate and link patients to primary care physicians within their selected health plans.
• Refer individuals to other health-related programs as needed.
• Maintain and grow database of participating community health care providers
• Enters patients’ data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard according to data collection platform(s) including but not limited to excel spreadsheets, Access Database and SharePoint.
• Maintains patients’ confidence and protect program by keeping information confidential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Completion of an Associate Arts Degree is preferred with an emphasis in social services, psychology or any health related field.
• At least two years’ experience in a health care, social service setting including any experience conducting community outreach, case management, interpreting or patient-focused services.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
• Awareness of socio-cultural characteristics of population served by Sacramento Covered.
• Strong cultural competency to serve patients with diverse values, beliefs and behaviors, as well as address potential cultural barriers.
• Experience working directly with diverse communities, including underserved and at-risk individuals and families.
• Cultural awareness and competency skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
• Bilingual in English and needed language (Typically: Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian and Hmong), desired but not required.
• Must be able to work flexible hours (morning, afternoon and or evening shifts including weekends as needed).
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently on individual and assigned tasks while exhibiting good judgment.
• Provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the patient.
• Ability to work as a team member including in co-location settings such as hospital emergency department locations or clinics with clinicians and professionals as well as other community organizations.
• Serve as a resource for patients, other navigators and hospital staff.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
• Problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
• Utilize good judgment and to handle confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy and to work with culturally diverse populations.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel within the County.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background/fingerprint check.
Physically able to walk, stand, stoop and lift, good manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
Successful candidates will have a strong knowledge of community resources in Sacramento and be familiar with community based health care delivery. Familiarity and working knowledge of Medi-Cal, CalFresh, and other public programs is preferred but not required. Completion of Certified Enrollment Counselor training and/or experience in providing application assistance for Medi-Cal and other public benefit programs is desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following documents below by email to: email@example.com
1. Cover Letter
3. SC Job Application – located here: https://www.sacramentocovered.org/join-our-team/
Your resume will not be considered if a cover letter or job application is not included.
No phone calls please.
For more information about Sacramento Covered, please visit www.SacramentoCovered.org.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network