The Alliance for Children’s Rights seeks to hire a well-organized, energetic and motivated full-time Policy Assistant. The Policy Assistant will provide administrative and organizational support for our Sacramento policy program. The job duties will include administrative and clerical support, coordination of the Alliance’s policy projects and special projects including events management, trainings, bill and grant deliverables tracking, scheduling, and research and analysis of legislative and regulatory proposals.
The Alliance’s Policy Program is based in Sacramento and works with Alliance program staff to identify and track child welfare practices that adversely impact our clients and helps to establish and implement responses to those practices which include legislative and regulatory advocacy, impact litigation and other reform efforts.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE
This is an exciting opportunity with one of L.A.'s premier nonprofit organizations. The Alliance for Children's Rights protects the rights of impoverished, abused and neglected children and young adults by providing free legal and social services and promoting systemic solutions. Our lawyers, advocates, and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, ensure that children in the foster care and guardianship systems have stable homes and families, and can access the healthcare, education, and financial supports that they need. We also help transition-age youth achieve independence and work statewide to improve child welfare practices and policies to remove the many barriers our clients face. Since its founding 27 years ago, the Alliance has helped more than 150,000 children.
Charity Navigator has awarded the Alliance its highest 4-star rating for the past nine years in a row. This puts the Alliance in the top 2% of charities in the U.S. rated by Charity Navigator. The 4-star rating reflects the Alliance's sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
The Alliance is well known in the child welfare community for its knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments. Alliance staff members find that being a voice for children who often have no voice, and otherwise could be forgotten, is incredibly rewarding.
• Researches and writes, including drafting support and opposition letters, cover letters, web material, policy updates, and/or engaging in other research and writing projects;
• Tracks and maintains database of current legislation related to our program areas as well as tracking legislative hearings, budget proposals, and administrative or regulatory meetings and/or hearings;
• Assists in organizing and supporting coalitions including attending meetings and taking detailed notes and coordinating coalition activities;
• Assists in coordination and oversight of trainings and other special events including lobby days, webinars, summits, conferences and trainings; and
• General administrative support including maintaining office calendar, responding to mail and phone inquiries, database maintenance, maintaining office files, ordering office supplies, drafting meeting agendas, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, and processing expense reports.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at a time, prioritize duties, and work independently while functioning as a member of a team;
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
• Excellent writing, proofreading, and oral communication skills;
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail;
• Advanced level of proficiency and previous experience with computer software including Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and
• A bachelor’s degree or higher education level is preferred. Some period of related experience or training in California legislative process or equivalent is beneficial.
• Ability to travel roundtrip to Los Angeles once a month for policy and staff meetings.
The Alliance for Children's Rights believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or marital status.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe the level of work being performed by people assigned to comparable positions. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
The Alliance for Children's Rights offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For more information, visit kids-alliance.org.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in joining the Alliance, relevant work experience, and how you heard of the position to email@example.com (E-mail submissions only/no phone inquiries). Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined qualifications of the position
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network