Request for Proposal (RFP) for Marketing Consulting services
The California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA) is a non-profit, organization committed to
providing leadership, vision, and resources to rape crisis centers, individuals, and other entities working
to end sexual violence both statewide in California and nationally.
SCOPE OF WORK
CALCASA is currently seeking an experienced consultant or firm to design and execute a marketing plan
from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019. The Consultant/Firm will provide the following:
• Design and create a comprehensive, multi-strategy marketing plan for dissemination of a statewide
• Direct the execution of the multi-strategy marketing plan.
• Provide analysis for feedback and response resulting from campaign implementation.
Consultant must be able to work collaboratively and maintain ongoing communication and coordination
with creative design team as well as CALCASA staff regarding content, design, and interactive features.
Consultants and/or firms must possess the following:
• Must have demonstrated expertise in marketing strategy development, messaging, and positioning.
• Must have demonstrated expertise in analysis market segmentation.
• Must be able to meet with CALCASA staff for planning in Pasadena CA.
The contract will be issued for a period from April 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019
Consultant will be paid according to the following:
• 25% upon completion of marketing plan
• 50% upon execution of marketing plan
• 25% upon delivery of summary analysis of campaign
Invoices will be paid within 30 days of receipt.
SUBMISSION OF BID
The bid must include the following elements:
1. General Description
• Bidder should briefly convey their interest in, or relevant concerns related to the issue of sexual
• Bidder should provide insight into understanding of how marketing shapes behaviors related to
sexual violence (prevention or intervention).
• Bidder should identify key personnel involved in the marketing campaign, along with key
• Bidder should provide a projected budget for campaign development inclusive of creative
activities, materials development, and proposed media buys between $100,000 - $125,000.
2. Prior Marketing Experience
• Provide three (3) projects that demonstrate prior experience relevant to this project.
3. Understanding of the Work to be Performed
• The bidder should demonstrate competencies of required skills and knowledge of the work to be
performed, including market research, creative development, distribution channels, estimated hours
and other pertinent information.
• The bidder should prepare a fee schedule showing expected hours to be worked and hourly ratesfor each level of staff person(2). The bid should be inclusive of all costs including estimated out-of pocket expenses or contingencies. All costs incurred in the preparation of this proposal will be the responsibility of the bidder and must not be included in this proposal.
CALCASA may, at its discretion, request presentations by or meetings with any and all bidders to clarify or
negotiate modifications to the proposal. However, CALCASA reserves the right to make an award without
further discussion of the proposals submitted. Therefore, proposals should be submitted initially on the
most favorable terms the bidder can provide.
CALCASA anticipates notifying the selected consultant by March 25, 2019.
The deadline to submit a proposal is by close of business day on March 18, 2019. No late or
incomplete proposals will be accepted. Proposals must be e-mailed in PDF format to
Rosemary Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email Leah Aldridge (email@example.com) with any questions regarding this RFP.