AGENCY BACKGROUND The California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA) is a non-profit, statewide membership organization committed to providing leadership, vision, and resources to rape crisis centers, individuals, and other entities working to end sexual violence.
SCOPE OF WORK Consultant will have knowledge of the following:
• Legal and policy analysis of proposed legislation at state and federal level:
o Drafting legislative language
o Training staff on policy impacts
o Memos on impact of policy changes and strategy
• Creation of curricula and training materials
• Analysis of policy and programmatic impacts to sexual assault survivors
• Research papers and briefs
• Strategic advice/consultancy on policy strategies
• Legal analysis on areas of current law that intersect with sexual violence and other social justice issues
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA • Consultants and/or firms must possess the following:
• Must have experience working in policy (legislative and systems-based work).
• Must have experience in drafting legislative language.
• Must have experience developing and conducting policy-related training.
• Must have experience developing training materials and curriculum.
• Must have experience in research and developing briefs.
• Must have experience with developing and advising on policy strategy
• Understanding of sexual violence and its intersections with other social justice issues.
CONTRACT PERIOD The contract will be issued for a 3-year period from February 1, 2019 to December 31, 2022 at approximately 10-20 hours per month.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE The range of pay for this project is $50 - $65 per hour DOE. Consultant may bill for services on a monthly basis detailing tasks completed and hours spent on the project. Invoices will be paid within 40 days of receipt of invoice. REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL Bids should include the services to be offered and the costs for services. All costs must be inclusive of taxes, fees, and/or other costs. Please include references and a sample of reporting/data analysis with the bid.
Bids must be submitted in PDF format and e-mailed to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is 5pm Pacific Time on March 1, 2019.