Position Summary: The Development Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for fundraising, marketing, and community relations activities including data maintenance; processing, tracking, and reconciling check requests, department credit card statements, etc.; processing and archiving of correspondence; performing regular (weekly and monthly) maintenance and upkeep of donor records; and preparing monthly reports for donations and marketing activities. The Development Assistant provides support during agency events and requires ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled. Position is part-time, 20-28 hours per week – hours vary based on department needs
Data Entry, Maintenance, and Donor Support – 40% of time
• Responsible for data entry on a daily basis and training of temporary data entry staff who assist during peak seasons.
• Responsible for maintaining integrity of data by updating records, review of duplicate records, documenting mailing preferences and removal of records, as needed.
• Responsible for coordinating mailing of signed acknowledgement letters on daily basis.
• Contacts recurring donors to update credit card information for recurring gifts.
• Responsible for maintaining required paperwork and documentation for corporate matching gift programs and for processing and entering matching gift information.
• Responsible for participating in trainings specific to online databases used by the department and assisting with queries as requested.
• Responsible for scanning donation documentation and attaching it to the donor record and/or storing in appropriate file on department drive.
Event Support – 30% of time
• Responsible for supporting online registration and donation system for Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraising pages including troubleshooting assistance to walkers/donors, weekly coding of donations, and reconciliation of donations monthly.
• Responsible for maintaining RSVPs for WEAVE events.
• Responsible for maintaining listing of donation details for event auctions.
• Expected to participate in agency events including stewardship events, fundraising events, etc. including evenings and weekends.
• Serves as department point of contact for Holiday Toy Shoppe donations including unloading donations from donor vehicles, providing tax receipts, etc.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
Administrative Support – 20% of time
• Responsible for maintaining receipts and completing monthly reconciliation of department credit cards.
• Responsible for preparing and tracking of department check requests.
• Responsible for coordination of committee meetings including scheduling, preparing agenda, and confirming attendance.
Other Responsibilities – 10% of time
• Attend and participate in department meetings;
• Attend and participate in staff and other agency meetings and committees, when necessary;
• Maintain accurate timesheets and other work-related documents;
• Other job duties as assigned;
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Two year degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field and one year experience in an administrative support role or three years administrative support experience.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy of written communications, data entry, etc.
• Excellent computer skills and comfort in working with a variety of systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and detail oriented mentality
• Valid California Driver’s license, current auto insurance, reliable auto transportation, and satisfactory driving record.
• Hiring requirements include a criminal records background check clearance.
• Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the WEAVE mission and values.
To Apply: https://OnePoint.EmployerNet.net/ta/WEAVE.jobs?TrackId=[MyTrackingId]&ApplyToJob=134408770
WEAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WEAVE makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. All employment actions are based solely on an individual’s qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, cancer-related medical condition, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, ancestry citizenship, or marital status.