Shine Early Learning in Partnership with ARVAC, Inc. Head Start Program
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning is a provider of direct Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada andWisconsin).
Shine Assist, part of our Shine Early Learning division, is a training and technical assistance unit which partners with other Head Start providers to improve their programs through hands-on training, access to our proprietary tools which havedemonstrable impact on child outcomes, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
Shine Implement, the newest unit within Shine Early Learning, manages the delivery of Head Start services for a select group of partners through a suite of services including oversight of educational, family services and program design activities, provision of our proprietary tools, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
We are seeking an inspired and motivated leader to join our Shine Implement team in partnership with ARVAC, Inc. as a Deputy Director.
The Deputy Director combines the dynamic roles of strategic planning operational planning, leadership and follow-through.The Deputy Director is chiefly responsible for supporting the partner program to achieve full implementation of all aspects of The Head Start program’s education, family engagement and health, and monitoring, systems and analysis approach. This approach is developed and supported by Shine Early Learning with the goal of providing high quality education services and executing two-generation strategies to support families of young children to build nurturing environments to promote their children’s school readiness and healthy development.
The Deputy Director is key to ensuring a successful partnership that is committed to assuring Head Start Performance Standards compliance and full implementation of the Shine Early Learning program model. This is a fantastic opportunity for an educational leader to be part of a national team and play a key role in leading a growing organization that has tremendous impact on Head Start children.
The Deputy Director will ensure the success of our partners (ARVAC, Inc.) by managing the following responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* The Deputy Director is the leader of the Shine Early Learning team, and is responsible for assuring that all SEL staff receive the on-going coaching and supervisory support and professional development in order to fully execute their positions
* Supervises and delivers monthly coaching to Family Service Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Director of Analysis, and Early Learning Inclusion Specialist. Those leaders supervise Early Learning Coaches, ERSEA Coordinator and Family Advocates.
* The Deputy Director assures that team members are working collaboratively with one another and with community partners to ensure full enrollment, up to date adherence of children with EPSDT requirements, medical and dental homes and insurance, timely follow up and support for children with (identified or suspected) special needs, and support for family goal partnerships and well-being
* Establishes the working relationships with partner staff to promote program wide commitment and execution of strategies that engage families as full partners in their children’s development and school readiness (through Shine on, Families oversight and execution)
* Assures that systems for monitoring, self-assessment and program management are fully executed to assure program’s ongoing quality improvement
* Effectively communicates data-driven programmatic insights and coordinates with Service Area leads to provide necessary data for SASCIE, Shine Early Learning’s self-assessment system.
* Coordinates with Partner leadership to provide teacher onboarding and support.
* Consistently contributes to both the partner’s and Shine Early Learning’s professional excellence through productive leadership and participation in:
+ Grantee planning and leadership
+ Shine Early Learning network leadership and collaboration
+ External community relationships (LEAs, CBOs, higher education, NHSA, state agencies, policymakers)
* Ensures fiscal management by monitoring expenditures
* Ensures compliance of state/local licensing and QRIS
* Ensures the creation and implementation of partnership agreements with local and state entities.
* Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
* Supervises assigned department personnel. Includes the following responsibilities, but are not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and the completion of all work performed by direct reports.
* Educates direct reports on all department and agency policies and procedures.
* Meets with assigned staff at least monthly to identify and resolve problems, manage projects, track goals, and review work processes and procedures.
* Represents team and/or department at meetings, events, and training as required.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Passion for helping children and families, and a drive to close the achievement gap
* Educational industry experience is a plus. Pre-K or previous Head Start experience even better.
* Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office® products, specifically Excel and broad proficiency with technology
* Ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
* Exceptional problem-solving abilities and the ability to use data to make decisions. Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
* Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
* Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
To learn more about Shine Early Implement- please visit www.shineearly.com
To learn more about our partnership organization ARVAC, Inc. Head Start, please visit http://www.arvacinc.org
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network