The clinician provides direct individual and family counseling services and referrals and advocacy to children over 5 1/2 and their families, and adults in an outpatient mental health clinic, and at a school site to be assigned. Clients are low-income residents of Contra Costa County, and our primary focus is serving the Latino community.
Familias Unidas exists to improve wellness and self-sufficiency in Latino and other communities. We accomplish this by delivering quality mental health counseling, service advocacy, and information/referral services. Our programs include: mental health, education and prevention, youth development, and wrap-around services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Provision of clinical services, including individual, child, and family therapy, case management, and group therapy with individuals who have mental health diagnosis including children, youth, and families.
2. Maintain appropriate caseload
3. Conduct intakes and assessments, diagnostic and treatment formulation, implementation of treatment plan, and maintenance of case records.
4. Research and provide information, education, and case management advocacy to the Latino community.
5. Collaborate with multidisciplinary team, other providers, and school personnel regarding individual clients as appropriate.
6. Provide individual and family counseling in a school-based environment and in outpatient office.
7. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience:
1. MSW or MA in counseling or related field, with an interest in working towards licensure.
2. Registration with California BBS or eligible for registration.
3. Two years of clinical experience in mental health or related field.
B. Language Skills:
1. Bilingual (Spanish) required.
2. Culturally competent within the Latino population.
3. Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
Benefits for full-time position include training, clinical hours toward licensure,medical, dental, vacation time, 20 days paid time off, 11 holidays plus one week off during holiday season, retirement plan. Candidates are eligible to apply for the Mental Health Loan Assumption program and have student loans partially paid off.
Apply by email: send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org